Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery TODAY (Carlsbad, CA)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Ordered 8/21: LR, white, black int, induction, no hitch, no FSD.
- Got my VIN 53xxx and MVPA last night (9/16)
- I received the delivery text this morning and selected Sunday as the pickup appointment. However, when I called the SC today to discuss an EV rebate issue (see next paragraph), she mentioned the car was there and asked if I wanted to pick it up before they closed today. OF COURSE! I'll get to the condition (gaps, paint, etc.) in a second.

Please double-check your pricing sheets or have someone with financial sense take a look before you drive away. Tesla royally screwed up my $1,000 EV rebate through San Diego Gas & Electric. It's a point-of-sale only rebate that I was approved for on 6/23. After I placed the order for the MY, I forwarded the rebate code and approval e-mail to my SA, who passed it along it to Tesla's financial people (they claim the rebate, not me). Tesla confirmed the rebate and it was listed as an "EV Incentive" on the price summary for the past month. When the MVPA showed up and the page asked for final payment, the EV credit disappeared and the $20,000 down payment I planned for increased to $21,000. I called the SC this morning and she said, "Yeah, this happens a lot when the MVPA is released. Sometimes the rebates disappear." She fixed it and an hour later, the incentive reappeared as a line item and the down payment decreased by $1,000 as expected. With the correct amount ($20,000) now displayed on my account page, I submitted the payment through Plaid as directed. Lo and behold, I checked my bank and they charged me $21,000. When I got to the SC to take delivery, my paperwork noted that they overcharged me $1,000 and would have to issue a refund via mail in 30 days. Lame. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if I wasn't paying attention, I would have paid an extra $1,000 and Tesla would have kept the $1,000 rebate. Double lame and probably criminal, but I digress.

Overall, the condition of the MY is great. These are the minor problems in no particular order:

- The hood is slightly misaligned. It's noticeable if staring at it, but not worth fixing IMO.
- 3-4 minor fingerprints on the interior fabric trim by the roof glass. Why their employees can't wear clean, sterile gloves is an absolute head-scratcher. There was also a good size piece of masking tape still stuck to the fabric between the trim and roof glass. It pulled right off, but seriously can't they see that?
- As always, the rear-passenger seat isn't perfectly aligned with the other two. Nothing atrocious, but it's noticeable if you're looking for it.

These are the good things:

- Other than the hood, I didn't notice any panel gaps that would need fixed.
- Rear hatch works perfectly so far.
- I will look again tomorrow in different light, but the rear bumper paint appears to match.
- The staff at the SC were fantastic, honestly they exceeded my expectations.
- I was not rushed AT ALL to inspect the car and get out. I was there for about an hour with no issue.
- The sound system in this thing is really good!

If you're still waiting, hang in there! It's so worth it. As a side note, I ordered this car without ever having sat in any Tesla, much less driven one.

View attachment 589398
Beautiful car. Going thru the waiting process myself now.

- Ordered 8/21: LR, white, black int, induction, no hitch, no FSD.
- Got my VIN 53xxx and MVPA last night (9/16)
- I received the delivery text this morning and selected Sunday as the pickup appointment. However, when I called the SC today to discuss an EV rebate issue (see next paragraph), she mentioned the car was there and asked if I wanted to pick it up before they closed today. OF COURSE! I'll get to the condition (gaps, paint, etc.) in a second.

Please double-check your pricing sheets or have someone with financial sense take a look before you drive away. Tesla royally screwed up my $1,000 EV rebate through San Diego Gas & Electric. It's a point-of-sale only rebate that I was approved for on 6/23. After I placed the order for the MY, I forwarded the rebate code and approval e-mail to my SA, who passed it along it to Tesla's financial people (they claim the rebate, not me). Tesla confirmed the rebate and it was listed as an "EV Incentive" on the price summary for the past month. When the MVPA showed up and the page asked for final payment, the EV credit disappeared and the $20,000 down payment I planned for increased to $21,000. I called the SC this morning and she said, "Yeah, this happens a lot when the MVPA is released. Sometimes the rebates disappear." She fixed it and an hour later, the incentive reappeared as a line item and the down payment decreased by $1,000 as expected. With the correct amount ($20,000) now displayed on my account page, I submitted the payment through Plaid as directed. Lo and behold, I checked my bank and they charged me $21,000. When I got to the SC to take delivery, my paperwork noted that they overcharged me $1,000 and would have to issue a refund via mail in 30 days. Lame. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but if I wasn't paying attention, I would have paid an extra $1,000 and Tesla would have kept the $1,000 rebate. Double lame and probably criminal, but I digress.

Overall, the condition of the MY is great. These are the minor problems in no particular order:

- The hood is slightly misaligned. It's noticeable if staring at it, but not worth fixing IMO.
- 3-4 minor fingerprints on the interior fabric trim by the roof glass. Why their employees can't wear clean, sterile gloves is an absolute head-scratcher. There was also a good size piece of masking tape still stuck to the fabric between the trim and roof glass. It pulled right off, but seriously can't they see that?
- As always, the rear-passenger seat isn't perfectly aligned with the other two. Nothing atrocious, but it's noticeable if you're looking for it.

These are the good things:

- Other than the hood, I didn't notice any panel gaps that would need fixed.
- Rear hatch works perfectly so far.
- I will look again tomorrow in different light, but the rear bumper paint appears to match.
- The staff at the SC were fantastic, honestly they exceeded my expectations.
- I was not rushed AT ALL to inspect the car and get out. I was there for about an hour with no issue.
- The sound system in this thing is really good!

If you're still waiting, hang in there! It's so worth it. As a side note, I ordered this car without ever having sat in any Tesla, much less driven one.

View attachment 589398
Congrats! It’s pretty amazing ride eh? Ours is like yours delivered March 31 as a demo car with 300 miles on it. Spotless - and wow does it go. It must like the high octane electricity from my Tesla roof solar array!