Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery today. Questions on the software update and wind noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery today and damn, this is one heck of a car! The delivery experience was smooth though Highland Park Tesla in Chicago didn't give me any swag! Staff was very helpful and very cordial. I drove about 62 miles today and love love love the car. Been planning for it for over two years!!! I have Model S 90D, with Enhanced Autopilot and all glass roof and premium upgrade package. I have questions on the autopilot and the summon and other features that I don't see now.

4. The premium leather seats are nice but I feel a slight discomfort in the lower back. Is it because the seats need to "set" in? Anyone else experience this with the new premium leather seats?

I have the NexGen seats and I find them uncomfortable, both for my back and my legs. I think the fixed headrest and lack of seat adjustments is an issue for me. The bottom seat cushion is noticeably shorter than other cars I own and therefore doesn't provide much leg support, especially noticeable on longer drives. The foam or whatever is in the seats isn't as cushioning or pliable as other seats I'm used to.

Welcome to the world of initial confusion that is Tesla. Read through the forums and you will really get to learn quite a bit more than calling any CS or rep at Tesla who have consistently given me wrong information.

There is tons of good info here if you go through the Model S forums. The seats being uncomfortable is something I really dislike about my car as well as much as I like the car otherwise. I've managed to find a sort of reasonable position to work with, but man do the seats sucks. Lower back pain indeed, same problem. I do hope they will "break in" over time

The other problem which you may face are the seat belts. Not only are they too tight, they cut across the neck and are not height adjustable. I've put some sheepskin pads on them to help, but they are still tight and annoying, hoping that will loosen up over time as well.

Otherwise, welcome and enjoy the company here, we are in this together, previewing the future for the rest of the world to catch up to and there will be bumps along the way :D

Reactions: avesraggiana
I have the NexGen seats and I find them uncomfortable, both for my back and my legs. I think the fixed headrest and lack of seat adjustments is an issue for me. The bottom seat cushion is noticeably shorter than other cars I own and therefore doesn't provide much leg support, especially noticeable on longer drives. The foam or whatever is in the seats isn't as cushioning or pliable as other seats I'm used to.

I find the seats are very similar to sport seats on other vehicles ... very comfortable and supportive for long drives.
Try raising the bottom seat cushion and then lower the rear seat pan while reclining the back cushion for more comfort. :cool:

Welcome to the world of initial confusion that is Tesla. Read through the forums and you will really get to learn quite a bit more than calling any CS or rep at Tesla who have consistently given me wrong information. There is tons of good info here if you go through the Model S forums. The seats being uncomfortable is something I really dislike about my car as well as much as I like the car otherwise. I've managed to find a sort of reasonable position to work with, but man do the seats sucks. Lower back pain indeed, same problem. I do hope they will "break in" over time. The other problem which you may face are the seat belts. Not only are they too tight, they cut across the neck and are not height adjustable. I've put some sheepskin pads on them to help, but they are still tight and annoying, hoping that will loosen up over time as well. Otherwise, welcome and enjoy the company here, we are in this together, previewing the future for the rest of the world to catch up to and there will be bumps along the way :D

Agree that forums are a great source of information. Try an aftermarket seatbelt adjuster for height issues :cool:

Seat Belt Strap Adjuster (Set of 2)

Sorry to hear that. This shouldn't be the case for a 100k car. Tried looking into aftermarket seat cushion add ons? For me, I think the seats "set" in. I drove quite a bit today and had no back discomfort or any other issue. Bunch of my friends drove it as well and they had no discomfort either.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Sorry to hear that. This shouldn't be the case for a 100k car. Tried looking into aftermarket seat cushion add ons? For me, I think the seats "set" in. I drove quite a bit today and had no back discomfort or any other issue. Bunch of my friends drove it as well and they had no discomfort either.

Ahhhhh...pimping out your brand new baby already. I hope to be doing the same thing in a little over a month from now.

Reactions: bakchod87