Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery today, so worth the wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
62C3179B-385A-481C-9D95-F747A6DE2507.jpeg
Took delivery today of our Model 3 from Tesla Rocklin and it’s absolutely fantastic. I’ve probably read every review and watched every youtube video but this exceeded my expectations. I know that there are many people waiting for dual motor or the base model but whichever you choose it will be worth the wait.

Congrats! Are all of them cordoned off or is there only 1 delivery at a time?

No cordons at the Fremont delivery center.

One delivery at a time. As each delivery is completed they park the next delivery vehicle in that spot. You should have seen how many people walked in the showroom just to ask about the Model 3. Hopefully Tesla will get the production ramp up soon.

One delivery at a time. As each delivery is completed they park the next delivery vehicle in that spot. You should have seen how many people walked in the showroom just to ask about the Model 3. Hopefully Tesla will get the production ramp up soon.

Last time I was at the Rocklin store there were three Model 3s side by side right where yours is... all ready to be delivered.

Reactions: rcsting
View attachment 281819 Took delivery today of our Model 3 from Tesla Rocklin and it’s absolutely fantastic. I’ve probably read every review and watched every youtube video but this exceeded my expectations. I know that there are many people waiting for dual motor or the base model but whichever you choose it will be worth the wait.

Curious, are you an S, or X owner? When did you put your $1,000 down? What was your configuration window?

Curious, are you an S, or X owner? When did you put your $1,000 down? What was your configuration window?

Owned an S. I put my deposit down on the first day, ( 03/31/2016 ) Arrived at 3am for the 10am store opening, I was about 40th in line. At 10:00 there were over 450 people in line, it was crazy with several TV news crews doing live reports. I configured on 01/30/2018, VIN assigned on 02/15/2018, delivery 02/20/2018. 21 days from configuration to delivery.

P.S. My friends thought I was crazy to wait 7 hours in line, Now they wish that they had been there.

Last edited:
Owned an S. I put my deposit down on the first day, ( 03/31/2016 ) Arrived at 3am for the 10am store opening, I was about 40th in line. At 10:00 there were over 450 people in line, it was crazy with several TV news crews doing live reports. I configured on 01/30/2018, VIN assigned on 02/15/2018, delivery 02/20/2018. 21 days from configuration to delivery.

P.S. My friends thought I was crazy to wait 7 hours in line, Now they wish that they had been there.

As an owner, it wouldn't have mattered all that much whether or not you stood in a line. If you had reserved a year and a half later, you're Model 3 might have come a few weeks later than it did.

• Informative
Reactions: bnsfengineer