Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery Today! Two questions regarding my new vehicle.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all! I took delivery of my new Model Y Standard Range this morning. Very excited - I've had a blast driving it around today. I did have two questions at the end of the day:

• I can't figure out how to get Spotify/other premium connectivity features working. My vehicle says it is expired and to subscribe to premium connectivity. I don't know how to activate my free trial, and my Tesla account doesn't show any options related to premium connectivity.
  • I noticed I don't have the Boombox features. I read on this forum that this is dependent on having the Pedestrian Warning System. Isn't it weird my vehicle (VIN in the 107Ks) wouldn't have this feature, but has the heated steering wheel and other new stuff?

Likely the premium connectivity will take a day or so to start working. If it doesn't, notify Tesla.

Which software version are you on? Most likely you will need an update to get all the latest features working. It's normal that vehicles are delivered with slightly unusual/older software versions. Probably you will receive an update within a few weeks (set the preference to 'advanced').

Hey all! I took delivery of my new Model Y Standard Range this morning. Very excited - I've had a blast driving it around today. I did have two questions at the end of the day:

• I can't figure out how to get Spotify/other premium connectivity features working. My vehicle says it is expired and to subscribe to premium connectivity. I don't know how to activate my free trial, and my Tesla account doesn't show any options related to premium connectivity.
  • I noticed I don't have the Boombox features. I read on this forum that this is dependent on having the Pedestrian Warning System. Isn't it weird my vehicle (VIN in the 107Ks) wouldn't have this feature, but has the heated steering wheel and other new stuff?
(1) the SA most likely didn’t activate your connectivity properly. Mine had to specifically take that step when I took delivery.

(2) I am certain you have the PWS. Just put the car in reverse and listen...you will hear it. I agree you probably just need to update your software. What version are you on?

Most deliveries have been on an old software, 2020.39.10, I believe. It may take a day or a week before your queue is in queue for one of the more recent updates, 2020.48.26, 2020.48.30, or 2020.48.35.5. Boombox update is 2020.48.26 or later.

I just checked the firmware - I am on 2020.39.110. Let me know if you hear anything. I'll call tomorrow.
It looks like the only version that allows heated steering wheel is the one you have. I haven't seen anybody update to a newer version with heated steering wheel. Newer versions don't necessarily have the features of older versions, so potentially the heated steering wheel functionality has not been merged to the main release branch, and similarly, your older version is unlikely to have features introduced in newer versions, e.g., Boombox.

One speculation is that when the heated steering wheel functionality of 2020.39.110 is merged with the main release, people with the new steering wheel (metal scrollers, no top seams) will also get the heated steering wheel functionality. But for some reason Tesla does not want to do that yet. This also means Tesla might not allow your car to update yet as it would remove some functionality that only exists in your factory version.

Thanks for sharing! Curious did you also get the updated headlights? Center console? Wrap around dash detail? How does the build quality seem so far, anything noticeable with the panel gaps? I'm about to place my Model Y order so I'm curious how things are progressing.

I took delivery today of an SR today and no premium connectivity options. I have seen some people receive one year free instead of the 30 day trial, so let me know if you find a resolution. My sales person said to give it 24 hours.

I took delivery today of an SR today and no premium connectivity options. I have seen some people receive one year free instead of the 30 day trial, so let me know if you find a resolution. My sales person said to give it 24 hours.
I took delivery of mine last Thursday (SR, VIN in the range of 103xxx) and I got one year. The option shows up in my account as soon as I accepted delivery.

My software version is till the factory version (2020.39.110) and I have not looked at heated steering wheel option.

Took delivery 1/23 serial no 105,9xx. Heatied steering wheel works and gets nice and toasty. double pane glass. I am not 100% sure on steering wheel. Stitches are present at top, however rollers are silver colored and feel cool to the touch like metal, but feel flimsy like plastic or plastic actuator? Are they aluminum? Can I magnet test it? No projector headlights. Came with 2020.39.110 and has not updated yet.

I took delivery of mine last Thursday (SR, VIN in the range of 103xxx) and I got one year. The option shows up in my account as soon as I accepted delivery.

My software version is till the factory version (2020.39.110) and I have not looked at heated steering wheel option.
Does your Model Y SR have the Pedestrian Warning Sound (PWS)? I haven't been able to confirm if Model Y's come with the external speaker or not (the functionality of Boombox is contingent upon this along with which software version the car is running)?

Does your Model Y SR have the Pedestrian Warning Sound (PWS)? I haven't been able to confirm if Model Y's come with the external speaker or not (the functionality of Boombox is contingent upon this along with which software version the car is running)?
No idea on PWS nor the external speaker. How do I check to see if my MY has them?

Most deliveries have been on an old software, 2020.39.10, I believe. It may take a day or a week before your queue is in queue for one of the more recent updates, 2020.48.26, 2020.48.30, or 2020.48.35.5. Boombox update is 2020.48.26 or later.

I took delivery of LR AWD FSD MY (VIN 105xxx) on January 10. It was a 2021 and lacks updated headlights and trim. Came with software version 2020.39.10 and am still waiting for upgrade to 2020.48. I checked frequently but no update was pending. When I call Tesla support they tell me that engineers confirmed it is the current version for my configuration and I’ll just have to wait for next release. Had a ranger come out to adjust a mirror and he said same thing. Based on what I see on FSD beta reports, sure hoping for new release soon.

I took delivery last Saturday Feb 6 on a LR AWD MY (VIN 112xxx). Premium connectivity wasn't working at time of delivery but I received an email from Tesla a few hours later to register for a 1-yr free trial. I would check with you advisor if that registration still hasn't come through.