Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took Delivery Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha lol nothing left to do!, oh my sweet summer child:D, YPUP Vin 000819 here, suspension sucks, you'll want to start with the $2,800.00 unplugged or mountain pass perf Basic upgrades for "comfort", if you want some track time, get ready to upgrade brakes, also additional suspension components etc... plus voided warranty:rolleyes:, ubers are super mega scratch magnets and the stock Pirelli's are soso, barely last 20-30k miles, I'm on spoiler #8, Tesla one is crap and It's like that since forever, the AWD will have the same pack and by mid to end of the year AWD and PUP will have the updated headlights, pack, console, etc.. etc... its just a matter of time for them to kill all of the old inventory of parts. Realistically AWD is the better deal. I only got sucked the PUP due to it being out on the first batch and only one available last March in my area.o_O Psst if you want the ubers look in ebay, they poped up occasionally at a decent price.;) or get the 20" replicas that will give you better tire options.

honestly that just sounds like your own bad experience that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone and i will def let you know if you are right or wrong ;). I already drove MYP on multiple test drives and i wont need any suspension upgrades or "downgrades" with unplugged since ppl reporting it lowers launch time due to diff coil setup. I've talked to guys who drive G63S etc and suspension is similar or same, only this forum has a few people whining and complaining about 'harsh suspension". Lot of these guys have just a few posts and always plug in how they have it and link to it etc.... Test the car, drive it on bad and good roads and decide if its harsh or sporty for you. if you drove a lexus with a cushy ride with 18" tires obviously 21" sporty car is gonna feel crap. I drive 06' X5 and the MYP suspension was very similar to it. also 30k miles is not bad because i'm buying winters from Nov-April! I drive about 9-10k miles a year, so the 21" uberturbines are only for April-November! which means it will last me enough time! Why are you on spoiler #8? it's taped on either the tape comes off and new tape is applied or you crazy glue that *sugar* with gorilla glue! I'd have figured that out by the 2nd time the latest!

AWD is the 'better deal" if that's what you want, i didn't get suckered into PUP be it first out batch or whatever I did extensive research and it's the vehicle and 0-60 i want. I also didn't want to spend my own money out of loan to pay for any upgrades since i will use cheap covid interest rate money instead. Why would i get 21" off Ebay? I want the 0-60 difference not just pay extra for bigger tires, spoiler and caliper color. If you know another way to get a 0-60 at 3.4s for an electric car that costs cheaper than MYP let me know ill buy that ;)

Reactions: jpfive
Congrats! But also I'm super jealous! I ordered this exact configuration on 2/7, and still showing "2-6 weeks from delivery date" on the website. Though the SC did just tell me today I'm likely to get a VIN match 3/1 with delivery 3/3, so maybe soon!!!

Panel alignment in the photos appears spot on. Delighted to see that happening. Frunk and fender alignment especially - better than mine. Congratulations and enjoy the car. :)
I’m very happy especially given all of the previous quality issues others have reported. I went over every section of the car pre and post delivery and I only found a small mark on the driver door edge, but it turned out to be glue residue that I was easily able to remove with some Goo Gone. The panel gaps and trim are spot on as well as the paint quality. Having the windows tinted and Expel PPF installed this week to hopefully better protect the front end.

Congrats! But also I'm super jealous! I ordered this exact configuration on 2/7, and still showing "2-6 weeks from delivery date" on the website. Though the SC did just tell me today I'm likely to get a VIN match 3/1 with delivery 3/3, so maybe soon!!!
You should be up soon. I kept checking my Tesla account several times a day just waiting. I finally got my VIN on 2/20 followed by a delivery text later that day and was able to select the first available time slot on 2/24. Everything happens quickly one you get your VIN but the waiting sucks.

honestly that just sounds like your own bad experience that doesn't mean it's the same for everyone and i will def let you know if you are right or wrong ;). I already drove MYP on multiple test drives and i wont need any suspension upgrades or "downgrades" with unplugged since ppl reporting it lowers launch time due to diff coil setup. I've talked to guys who drive G63S etc and suspension is similar or same, only this forum has a few people whining and complaining about 'harsh suspension". Lot of these guys have just a few posts and always plug in how they have it and link to it etc.... Test the car, drive it on bad and good roads and decide if its harsh or sporty for you. if you drove a lexus with a cushy ride with 18" tires obviously 21" sporty car is gonna feel crap. I drive 06' X5 and the MYP suspension was very similar to it. also 30k miles is not bad because i'm buying winters from Nov-April! I drive about 9-10k miles a year, so the 21" uberturbines are only for April-November! which means it will last me enough time! Why are you on spoiler #8? it's taped on either the tape comes off and new tape is applied or you crazy glue that *sugar* with gorilla glue! I'd have figured that out by the 2nd time the latest!

AWD is the 'better deal" if that's what you want, i didn't get suckered into PUP be it first out batch or whatever I did extensive research and it's the vehicle and 0-60 i want. I also didn't want to spend my own money out of loan to pay for any upgrades since i will use cheap covid interest rate money instead. Why would i get 21" off Ebay? I want the 0-60 difference not just pay extra for bigger tires, spoiler and caliper color. If you know another way to get a 0-60 at 3.4s for an electric car that costs cheaper than MYP let me know ill buy that ;)

Do note Y is great vehicle, size is perfect for Me and Mrs.( she loves it over her car), but there is some drawbacks for some on the PUP variant. Im not referring to build quality type stuff either, I've only had minor problems which most are fixed, even today with the vins in the 120k's they still have them, the rims ARE more prone to scratch, and I'm not even talking about curb rash I mean even road gravel have hit mine and some scuffs scratching occurs, nothing some touch-up paint can fix but it happens as for tire wear, I got 25k miles on mine already, hence the tire life expectancy, they aren't cheap. 19" and 20" do have more life on them, except I'm reading more and more that the 20" seem to also not last as much. Ubers are eye candy and do have grip, but you're better off putting 19" shoes and lighter rims, on it if you want better handling, grip, etc, not to mention the 66lb avg each adds. You'll see eventually about the spoiler. it is just 1 strip of double-sided tape they use, plenty of P owners have already discussed this issue, look around, some have nice posts vids, etc... The rear hatch is thin metal so it flexes easily and the spoiler detaches on the sides. Sure you can glue/ retape yourself, but I prefer to get the manufacturer to replace the part, which also notifies them of an issue that needs an engineering design inquiry, etc...
Interesting note on the suckered comment, I actually had it on order, the time frame was unexpectant as earlier delivery and diff color, but meh, also not my first Tesla either sport.:cool: Nor first sports car, One thing is feeling crap another is the rough handling/ grip on corners, etc on what equates to a 10K "upgrade package", there's a diff, and an X5, especially in that gen frame is not even comparable come on...
PS as for your 0-60 comment yeah we don't have track mode yet so acceleration usefulness is limited same for Top speed for most cases. Additionally, it's the power you won't really use that often especially on most roads and or traffic conditions unless you plan to track it a bit but again, users' choice.
As for building into the loan, don't forget to count the magical depreciation, the acceleration upgrade on an AWD actually adds trade-in value, as an example, vs the P, it'll just decline, Already lost12k in value, I like to keep tabs on that, but you know extensive research. :pSo again value is different to you, but you posted in a public forum, so I gave you an honest opinion from someone that already owned a PUP and sprinkle my 2 cents for the young ones out there, these cars aren't cheap so this gives some perspective to some. BTW there is a car with better specs than the Y PUP, the M3 PUP, and has track mode... ;) ( and yeah yeah Y don't I get one yadda yadda, I have a bad back, and it's not comfortable as the Y, I'm old ha) Still salty on the missing track mode on the Y, 7 months since Elon tweeted "yes" that Y would receive it...:mad:

Last edited:
You should be up soon. I kept checking my Tesla account several times a day just waiting. I finally got my VIN on 2/20 followed by a delivery text later that day and was able to select the first available time slot on 2/24. Everything happens quickly one you get your VIN but the waiting sucks.

I wonder if VIN is "assigned" once the car is on a trailer
Do note Y is great vehicle, size is perfect for Me and Mrs.( she loves it over her car), but there is some drawbacks for some on the PUP variant. Im not referring to build quality type stuff either, I've only had minor problems which most are fixed, even today with the vins in the 120k's they still have them, the rims ARE more prone to scratch, and I'm not even talking about curb rash I mean even road gravel have hit mine and some scuffs scratching occurs, nothing some touch-up paint can fix but it happens as for tire wear, I got 25k miles on mine already, hence the tire life expectancy, they aren't cheap. 19" and 20" do have more life on them, except I'm reading more and more that the 20" seem to also not last as much. Ubers are eye candy and do have grip, but you're better off putting 19" shoes and lighter rims, on it if you want better handling, grip, etc, not to mention the 66lb avg each adds. You'll see eventually about the spoiler. it is just 1 strip of double-sided tape they use, plenty of P owners have already discussed this issue, look around, some have nice posts vids, etc... The rear hatch is thin metal so it flexes easily and the spoiler detaches on the sides. Sure you can glue/ retape yourself, but I prefer to get the manufacturer to replace the part, which also notifies them of an issue that needs an engineering design inquiry, etc...
Interesting note on the suckered comment, I actually had it on order, the time frame was unexpectant as earlier delivery and diff color, but meh, also not my first Tesla either sport.:cool: Nor first sports car, One thing is feeling crap another is the rough handling/ grip on corners, etc on what equates to a 10K "upgrade package", there's a diff, and an X5, especially in that gen frame is not even comparable come on...
PS as for your 0-60 comment yeah we don't have track mode yet so acceleration usefulness is limited same for Top speed for most cases. Additionally, it's the power you won't really use that often especially on most roads and or traffic conditions unless you plan to track it a bit but again, users' choice.
As for building into the loan, don't forget to count the magical depreciation, the acceleration upgrade on an AWD actually adds trade-in value, as an example, vs the P, it'll just decline, Already lost12k in value, I like to keep tabs on that, but you know extensive research. :pSo again value is different to you, but you posted in a public forum, so I gave you an honest opinion from someone that already owned a PUP and sprinkle my 2 cents for the young ones out there, these cars aren't cheap so this gives some perspective to some. BTW there is a car with better specs than the Y PUP, the M3 PUP, and has track mode... ;) ( and yeah yeah Y don't I get one yadda yadda, I have a bad back, and it's not comfortable as the Y, I'm old ha) Still salty on the missing track mode on the Y, 7 months since Elon tweeted "yes" that Y would receive it...:mad:

Sorry the BMW i meant 2016 i mistakenly wrote "06" instead of "16" Rest of the comments i'm gonna just ignore, you write in a very passive aggressive tone and I rather not bother arguing with you on a public forum about what is the best way to spend our own individually earned money. FSD doesn't even add value so I see no care for $2k accel boost which is still slower than MYP. Obviously comparable size/car not a M3P since that is a car and smaller in size/space.

• Love
Reactions: mac9899