Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took delivery yesterday, SC wouldn’t fix gaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7E4C826C-1AD0-46AC-A47F-E67324B6149C.jpeg
07B89785-2834-4710-B738-92272E7CFE03.jpeg
At the delivery yesterday I noticed a couple issues so I asked the sales taking the car to the back and he came back in 20 mins and said they can’t fix them: Frunk gap left side more than right side; service center said adjusting the hood to the left will make it wobbly; kind of like a see saw so they are not going to do it. Also there is nothing they can do about door misalignment to the bottom panel. Are they BSing because they were so busy?

View attachment 593321 View attachment 593320 At the delivery yesterday I noticed a couple issues so I asked the sales taking the car to the back and he came back in 20 mins and said they can’t fix them: Frunk gap left side more than right side; service center said adjusting the hood to the left will make it wobbly; kind of like a see saw so they are not going to do it. Also there is nothing they can do about door misalignment to the bottom panel. Are they BSing because they were so busy?

My car suffered from both issues. The frunk should be an easy-ish fix so I’m not sure why they didn’t at least attempt it. It can take longer if you need to reposition the latch but still not a hard job.

The rear door alignment is pretty tricky. Getting those suckers to align, close flush, and seal tight can be a multi-hour job.

Just ask them to look at it again.

With all the issues with panel alignment, they should just outsource to
View attachment 593321 View attachment 593320 At the delivery yesterday I noticed a couple issues so I asked the sales taking the car to the back and he came back in 20 mins and said they can’t fix them: Frunk gap left side more than right side; service center said adjusting the hood to the left will make it wobbly; kind of like a see saw so they are not going to do it. Also there is nothing they can do about door misalignment to the bottom panel. Are they BSing because they were so busy?

I WISH my door looked as good as yours. ;) This is mine at delivery and they said it’s within spec. It’s so far out of whack it’s casting a shadow on the door next to it.

112F027E-0B70-41DC-A495-75130D0AD655.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: raggedy
With all the issues with panel alignment, they should just outsource to

I WISH my door looked as good as yours. ;) This is mine at delivery and they said it’s within spec. It’s so far out of whack it’s casting a shadow on the door next to it.

View attachment 593339

They fixed this on my car in about 10 minutes. All the Ys on the lot had similar doors and I thought mine was just going to be like that but nope! But now the problem is my passenger door, which was not off-set as much is bothering me because the drivers door looks so much better :p

I would press them to fix it. I had the same gaps. The SC sent Mobile Service with 2 techs and in hour they fixed them. Do you have another service center in your area? If you do ask them to fix it.

That's just egregious. All these stories are really making me think I got lucky to have Tesla cancel my delivery at the last minute this past Saturday. Maybe I'd be better off waiting a bit longer for them to fix all these issues?

That's just egregious. All these stories are really making me think I got lucky to have Tesla cancel my delivery at the last minute this past Saturday. Maybe I'd be better off waiting a bit longer for them to fix all these issues?

I think you will be waiting a long time. We waited on our model 3 until last year, wanting the issues to be ironed out. Our 3 has had more issues than the Y in terms of fit and finish.

Model 3: So far 6 door adjustments, rear rubber gasket replacement, trunk adjusted - was rubbing paint off the bumper. Still need to fix the off center frunk, recessed passenger door handle and a loud seatbelt rattle.

model y: one door adjustment and an appointment to for a passenger door adjustment.

I really wish it was as easy as just waiting for quality to get better but it doesn’t seem like that. It seems more like some cars are well built and others are not. It feels more like luck :/

I think you will be waiting a long time. We waited on our model 3 until last year, wanting the issues to be ironed out. Our 3 has had more issues than the Y in terms of fit and finish.

Model 3: So far 6 door adjustments, rear rubber gasket replacement, trunk adjusted - was rubbing paint off the bumper. Still need to fix the off center frunk, recessed passenger door handle and a loud seatbelt rattle.

model y: one door adjustment and an appointment to for a passenger door adjustment.

I really wish it was as easy as just waiting for quality to get better but it doesn’t seem like that. It seems more like some cars are well built and others are not. It feels more like luck :/

Agree, no need to wait. There are many cars delivered with few issues overall and no serious issues - we mostly hear about the bad stuff. Just go into it with an open mind and if the vehicle doesn’t meet your expectations request a different one.

My delivery is this afternoon and I get the anxiety people mention. I’m hoping for the best and will assess by what I see.

Thanks for everyone's help; I will submit a service request on these issues again. They were so busy delivering a lot of cars yesterday I think that's why. Other gaps are looking pretty good on my Y, no mismatched bumper to my eyes; headliners are super dirty they wiped it off easily.