Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

took delivery yesterday, should I request to fix this gap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220905081708.jpg

20220905081657.jpg

Order: 01/2022 7 seater/white/white/no fsd.
Took delivery yesterday, much better than I thought.
Only found two issues:
1. driver-side headlight,about 1/5 inch misalignment, but it doesn't bother me so will just leave it.
2. the gap shows in the pic. is this normal?

Ask them to fix it. The same speaker needed alignment in mine; it was possible to see the speaker cable behind it.

Initially, they ordered a replacement. But in the same service visit, they uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

To Hamtaro7 point tho, snap pictures of the vehicle and make note of any defects. Tesla service centers are generally good. In the same service visit, the SC unintentionally scratched the steering wheel plastic and had to order a replacement.

Reactions: Hamtaro7
So the speaker should fit above this tab? Now I'm thinking about fixing mine. Can you explain where you inserted the tool to take the speaker off?
View attachment 851664

Rattling Tweeter Model 3​

please check this video, very easy to remove it. I insert the tool from the plastic part so that it won't cause damage to the fiber.

You may check the pic of the left side and right side.

Reinstalling make it looks better, but I realized it's impossible to fix it without removing the rubber part glued to the window frame, it may cause another issue. So I canceled my service appointment.

Just enjoy driving!

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 97
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: rolling green