Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took my Model s to a car show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Leilani, I hope you post on the forum before you do any shows. I have a friend who lives about 40 miles from Charlotte. For months he was very interested in getting the Fisker Karma (don't ask me why) UNTIL he saw a Model S briefly this past week. He emailed me all these questions about the MS. So it would be nice if you do a public show, I could send him your way.

Do you have a delivery date yet?

Since I gave the Teslive speech and people found out I am getting one, I have been bombarded by just about every person I know in Charlotte asking me when they can get a ride. It was enough interest that I thought about renting a racetrack to give rides! I will be going to Charlotte Cars and Coffee once my baby arrives. I am counting down the days....
View attachment 28542

Have an oppty to show the car here at work next month but, I don't think I'll do it; a bit wary that I'll be embarrassing myself waiting for onlookers (techies, game dev geeks and such) who may know all about Tesla, have already seen too many of these around here and hence, may prefer to see classics, restorations etc.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376889715.902795.jpg

Leilani, I hope you post on the forum before you do any shows. I have a friend who lives about 40 miles from Charlotte. For months he was very interested in getting the Fisker Karma (don't ask me why) UNTIL he saw a Model S briefly this past week. He emailed me all these questions about the MS. So it would be nice if you do a public show, I could send him your way.

Do you have a delivery date yet?

I will definitely do that! My baby is arriving on September 7th. Of note, the man who is delivering my MS was on my race team at Daytona last year. The race team folded up and he got a job working for Tesla. How amazing is that. I cannot wait for my girl, #P17895, to arrive. Is it sad that I know her vin number by heart already?

I will definitely do that! My baby is arriving on September 7th. Of note, the man who is delivering my MS was on my race team at Daytona last year. The race team folded up and he got a job working for Tesla. How amazing is that. I cannot wait for my girl, #P17895, to arrive. Is it sad that I know her vin number by heart already?

Around here, it'd be sad if you DIDN'T know them by heart.

I love the weird looks I get when I put groceries in my frunk at the store.

I do that to, but what was even more fun was when I stopped to pick up pizza. Didn't want the smell the car up, so put it in the frunk. Someone a few cars down who didn't recognize a Tesla and couldn't see no motor under the hood was watching with a funny look. I simply said "it keeps it warm on the way home", got in the car and left them staring.

I have done a couple car shows as well. The first was inadvertant. I had stopped to see some classic muscle cars that caught my attention. Parked out of the way around the building. Came back to a crowd that kept me busy talking about it for 3 hours. The organizers came and invited me to bring it back for a prime spot up front at my next opportunity. Again, big crowds, lots of interest.

Drove my Tesla from Seattle to Palm Springs, and the next day i put it in the Palm Desert "Cruising" car show, some interest, especially when i put in a sign "seattle to Here, 00 GAS!" I did peel off the bugs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Drove my Tesla from Seattle to Palm Springs, and the next day i put it in the Palm Desert "Cruising" car show, some interest, especially when i put in a sign "seattle to Here, 00 GAS!" I did peel off the bugs.

You beat me. I left Cheney yesterday and spent last night in Ellensburg. Once we got to Centralia, we traveled as fast as we would have in an ICE.
My wife didn't want to go any farther today, so we're spending the night in Springfield. We probably won't get to the Palm Springs area until this weekend, as we're visiting friends along the way.

You beat me. I left Cheney yesterday and spent last night in Ellensburg. Once we got to Centralia, we traveled as fast as we would have in an ICE.
My wife didn't want to go any farther today, so we're spending the night in Springfield. We probably won't get to the Palm Springs area until this weekend, as we're visiting friends along the way.

Home of Ducks! Head south. You,ll have fabulous trip. the missing link for us was Vacaville, which wasn't ready yet. Bypass Sacramento to west, and you will save some time. Hop supercharger to supercharger is great fun!

Drove the Roadster to Palm Spring this weekend too. Next year maybe we all meet up for one night dinner on Turkey weekend. ;)

Some people assume you work for Tesla when you show your car it is kind of funny.

I was asked if I have a Tesla or own one at arestaurant (had my Tesla jacket on). Without missing a beat I told her I work there and would give her 75% off any car on the lot! Later I did explain that actually did own one but she could still go to the local dealer and ask for her discount.