Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Took No-contact delivery today 2/6/21 vin104xxx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the delivery today. They dropped it off in front of my house. Received the text saying it’s been dropped off. The paperworks were in the car aong with prepaid fedex envelope.
While feeling ecstatic, I am also disappointed with fit and finish. I am not sure if this is “acceptable”. Can you guys take a look and let me know if this is normal?

FD66434D-A997-49ED-AD77-B4D2500DE230.jpeg
F7F680B6-B6B7-4CED-9EFF-C297DDD5DFE2.jpeg
2CCA9C49-67B6-4EA3-A9C1-ED1247330CD0.jpeg
B6442BB0-F843-4CED-8CFD-8D29580D6217.jpeg
3F87B471-00BD-4547-AAD7-93F6F494C928.jpeg
A5C5B19D-4B6B-42B4-AE5D-7B6394DE9C6D.jpeg
1CC97506-6496-4324-B5FE-C3401B2770F8.jpeg

Can't tell much from your photos.

What is the fuzzy material in the passenger rear door photo?

The grey material in the headliner photo could be adhesive or it could be sealant from the glass roof; should be easy for the SC to remove the excess material.

The gaps are not unusual.

Do all of the windows work? Do all of the interior door open buttons work? Do the windows all lower about 1/2" when you open the door? (You should re-calibrate each window actuator.)

What about the hatch and the frunk release? Do the seat heaters all work? What about the steering wheel heater?

Do the second row seats release via the switches in the hatch area?

Does the charge port open and close?

When you put the wipers in Service Mode do they clear the lip of the hood?

Make a list and forward to Tesla ASAP.

Schedule a service appointment to have the SC adjust the driver's door.

Last edited:
[
What is the fuzzy material in the passenger rear door photo? I think it’s the new car wrap.

The grey material in the headliner photo could be adhesive or it could be sealant from the glass roof; should be easy for the SC to remove the excess material.

Do all of the windows work? What about the hatch and the frunk release? Do the seat heaters all work? What about the steering wheel heater?
All windows work, both hatch and frunk opens, i will try the heated seats and steering wheel.

Does the charge port open and close?yes

When you put the wipers in Service Mode do they clear the lip of the hood?yes

Make a list and forward to Tesla ASAP. Ok

Schedule a service appointment to have the SC adjust the driver's door. The soonest available appointment date is 2/18, which is 10 days out. Is this normal? Thank you so much for the guidance!

[
What is the fuzzy material in the passenger rear door photo? I think it’s the new car wrap.

Do all of the windows work? What about the hatch and the frunk release? Do the seat heaters all work? What about the steering wheel heater?
All windows work, both hatch and frunk opens, i will try the heated seats and steering wheel.

Does the charge port open and close?yes

When you put the wipers in Service Mode do they clear the lip of the hood?yes

Make a list and forward to Tesla ASAP. Ok

Schedule a service appointment to have the SC adjust the driver's door. The soonest available appointment date is 2/18, which is 10 days out. Is this normal? Thank you so much for the guidance!
You could try a different SC.

Also, make sure the HVAC puts out heat.

You have to drive a short distance before the TPMS will wake up. Make sure all four TPMS are working.

Was the Mobile Connector kit inside the vehicle? The Mobile Connector kit should include the NEMA 5-15 plug adapter and the Tesla J1772 charging adapter.

Are both hatch area carpeted floor covers in the vehicle (the smaller cover closest to the 2nd row seats and the larger one that covers the large storage bin)?

Were the front seat driver and passenger carpeted floor mats in the vehicle; also the second row carpeted mat?

Is the tow bolt in the Frunk storage bin?

Check that the windshield washer is working. (You may need to add washer fluid as Tesla does the not completely fill the reservoir (the reservoir holds over ~1.2 gallon of washer fluid when full.)

Check that the dome lights work (press the lens to manually turn on and off.) Check the floor lighting and the center console lighting. Check that the glove box opens via the Quick Access screen or by voice command. (The USB stick drive should be installed inside the glove box.)

If your phone supports wireless charging (and fits) check that both of the wireless charging pads in the center console are working.

Check the driver and passenger seat adjustments including the lumbar adjustment (the lumbar adjustment should inflate/deflate and also be able to be moved up and down.)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jedanielee
Update. Took it to local Tesla SC. A pillar now looks better although still not perfect. Frunk lid still sticks out. Driver’s side door still needs slammed shut. Hatch and roof misalignment looks much better. Found incomplete paint on door hinges. Not sure if it was there or new one while trying to adjust side door panels.. should i try making another appointment?

Update. Took it to local Tesla SC. A pillar now looks better although still not perfect. Frunk lid still sticks out. Driver’s side door still needs slammed shut. Hatch and roof misalignment looks much better. Found incomplete paint on door hinges. Not sure if it was there or new one while trying to adjust side door panels.. should i try making another appointment?
I would have rejected it. I’m lucky my car was perfect at delivery.

Reactions: WiseShepherd
I would have rejected it. I’m lucky my car was perfect at delivery.
I agree!!! I’m sorry but you pay that much for a car it better be near perfect!!! I’m scheduled to take delivery on my first Tesla next weekend and I can tell you I will not leave the lot with that car if I ha e to slam the door to get it to shut!!! I’m sorry that you are having to deal with that!!! Good luck!!!

Reactions: hcdavis3
Just out of curiosity did yours have the updated center console?

I took the delivery today. They dropped it off in front of my house. Received the text saying it’s been dropped off. The paperworks were in the car aong with prepaid fedex envelope.
While feeling ecstatic, I am also disappointed with fit and finish. I am not sure if this is “acceptable”. Can you guys take a look and let me know if this is normal?

normal? no, common? yes! sadly tesla has still not been able to get the QC issues sorted out.

• Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
Thanks for the replies. I just ordered a Model 3 today. The website information indicated that they had no delivery to my home area at this date. However, the SA assured me that the Plano site has in-home delivery team at no extra cost. THAT is what I call GREAT service!

Thought 8 would give update.
After my original post, I found more issues.
Pics attached.
I took it to two different SCs but I didnt notice any change. I even suspect if they even bothered to make adjustments.
So I took it to another SC. The moment I scheduled for service, I knew this one was different. They messaged me asking for photos from different angle. When I dropped it off, they listened very carefully and I could tell they are serious. The service manager said that the doors are tricky to get them perfect but would give it his best shot. They even gave me a model s loaner. 48 hour later, i got the message saying it’s ready to be picked up. Guess what, they are now perfect. The frunk lid, both drivers and passenger doors, gap above the rocker, I mean I don’t think i will get a better one if I ordered another one.
So the lesson is that every SC is different. There are good ones and bad ones. If you have quality issues and you took delivery, bring it to different SCs and you will find one that can make it right!

Attachments

• 041F462E-78F7-4687-B2C1-734B39C00B09.jpeg
    041F462E-78F7-4687-B2C1-734B39C00B09.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40
  • EAEC3ADC-CDF4-421B-94B7-8FAEF7C64335.jpeg
    EAEC3ADC-CDF4-421B-94B7-8FAEF7C64335.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 48DF84D8-6AF2-40FF-9571-30714CB70F37.jpeg
    48DF84D8-6AF2-40FF-9571-30714CB70F37.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 1A1F8FD9-BC58-440E-9CF0-EA6060AE01CE.jpeg
    1A1F8FD9-BC58-440E-9CF0-EA6060AE01CE.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 202E68E0-9EFC-4660-8A6D-E4412FDE6B00.jpeg
    202E68E0-9EFC-4660-8A6D-E4412FDE6B00.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 45
Pics attached.
I took it to two different SCs but I didnt notice any change. I even suspect if they even bothered to make adjustments.
So I took it to another SC. The moment I scheduled for service, I knew this one was different. They messaged me asking for photos from different angle. When I dropped it off, they listened very carefully and I could tell they are serious. The service manager said that the doors are tricky to get them perfect but would give it his best shot. They even gave me a model s loaner. 48 hour later, i got the message saying it’s ready to be picked up. Guess what, they are now perfect. The frunk lid, both drivers and passenger doors, gap above the rocker, I mean I don’t think i will get a better one if I ordered another one.
So the lesson is that every SC is different. There are good ones and bad ones. If you have quality issues and you took delivery, bring it to different SCs and you will find one that can make it right!
all I can offer is that all service centers are not equal, it appears that you found a good one.

Pics attached.

Great to hear! My vehicle (VIN #109xxx) had some of the very same issues and also other issues and they were all fixed by my local SC. Check your steering wheel as well, mine was slightly off (to the right) when driving in a straight line and they have made it better but it is still not 100% perfect. I need more time to test it though as I just got my car back yesterday.