Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toolbox 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope they don't see this and patch it
Looks like it's deliberate. Most things are still not allowed to be edited (including headlamps), but the gateway menu actually shows up and there are more items than there used to be available.

Edit: Actually i didn't even notice the shell. Let me mess with that. But it does seem like the ability to edit *some* gateway configs is now officially sanctioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: WhiteM3P-
Looks like it's deliberate. Most things are still not allowed to be edited (including headlamps), but the gateway menu actually shows up and there are more items than there used to be available.

Edit: Actually i didn't even notice the shell. Let me mess with that. But it does seem like the ability to edit *some* gateway configs is now officially sanctioned.
I tried downloading and running these scripts doesn't seem to do anything

Attachments

• shell.jpg
    shell.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 387
Reactions: WhiteM3P-
So what's possible now, and what's allowed via shell command re: gateway configs? Personally going for dual charger enable, and cold weather package enable (heated steering wheel), this make it possible now with MCU1 (on v11)?

Currently the TBX-external role appears to allow changes to the following:

Model3 / Model Y / Refresh S/X:
Code:
"coolantpumptype","ecallenabled","forwardradarhw","packperformancedeviation","powerliftgatetype","steeringcolumnmotortype","supermanifoldtype","towpackage","tpmstype","twelvevbatterytype"

Legacy S/X
Code:
12v_battery_type","backlight_film_type","backup_camera_type","curve_light","falcon_cap_sensor","front_door_latch_type","headlight","homelink","hvjb16a_ok","liftgate_strut_type","memorymirrors","nospeedpulse","pack","seat_vent","tilt_intrusion","towing","tpms_type

They're also requiring multifactor authentication as of July 30th, so sharing access will be more difficult at that point.