Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tools to have on hand?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanting to create a roadside repair kit to keep in the trunk.

I have the basics;
  • Fix-a-flat
  • small compressor
  • duct tape and elec tape
  • tire plugs
  • zip-ties
  • trim removal tools
  • small cresent wrench
  • assortment of screwdrivers
  • Lug nut socket and bar
What are the common size fasteners for bolts and nuts that tesla uses? Any allen, Torx? Anything obvious I am missing?

Reactions: Undecided_2
A basic repair kit is a great idea. Re: Compressor. I keep a Ryobi inflater and spare battery in the trunk. It doesn't rely on the car's 12v system and has a built in pressure gauge. I use it frequently to "top off" the tire pressure in one tire with a tiny leak (I've been too busy/lazy to take it in for a patch).

I just have an AAA card. The last time I repaired a flat myself was in my high school's auto shop back in the 80's LOL. I do have a compressor but it was because I feel bad going to a the gas station to fill up my tires to the correct pressure because I am obviously not a paying customer.

Reactions: Rice&Curry
Thanks, I have a small compressor (actually, that same Ryobi one) and I've had AAA for.. EVER. I also carry a small jump pack battery, even though it's not for me.

The small jump pack battery reminded me you should find out where the manual release for the frunk is for you MX if you have not already. In case your 12V dies and you have to get to your 12V in the frunk area.

Reactions: android04
Wanting to create a roadside repair kit to keep in the trunk.

I have the basics;
  • Fix-a-flat
  • small compressor
  • duct tape and elec tape
  • tire plugs
  • zip-ties
  • trim removal tools
  • small cresent wrench
  • assortment of screwdrivers
  • Lug nut socket and bar
What are the common size fasteners for bolts and nuts that tesla uses? Any allen, Torx? Anything obvious I am missing?
Might want a small set of pliers to go with the plug kit. Sometimes you need that to be able to pull out the screw or whatever is embedded in your tire. And I second having a portable jump starter in the frunk.

Reactions: theothertom
I just have an AAA card. The last time I repaired a flat myself was in my high school's auto shop back in the 80's LOL. I do have a compressor but it was because I feel bad going to a the gas station to fill up my tires to the correct pressure because I am obviously not a paying customer.
I felt the same way and purchased an air compressor from Amazon and it may come handy during travels especially when you have to top up air ( cold tire pressure).