Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toothpaste and scratches on outside glass M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My other half has been rather heavy handed in making contact with the Tesla card to open the car causing scratches on the glass around and below the camera! Anyone used toothpaste to remove such scratches or any other tried and successful methods?
Thanks for your advice.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mr K O’Watt
Not sure if it’s still made but I had some globe paste. It was used in the print industry for clearing scratches from print drums etc.
I scratched a watch glass quite badly and with a bit of patience it took them all out.
It was basically a very fine abrasive paste. Rub it until it squeaks the man said. He was right!

Reactions: freekie
My other half has been rather heavy handed in making contact with the Tesla card to open the car causing scratches on the glass around and below the camera! Anyone used toothpaste to remove such scratches or any other tried and successful methods?
Thanks for your advice.

I’m sure that you would have noticed, but please double check that there isn’t a translucent plastic cover still on the pillar. Someone else asked the same question a while ago on this forum or the Facebook one and it was the soft plastic that had been scratched rather than the hard pillar glass

Reactions: freekie