Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top 10 things (and ?'s) you didn't know about Visium Hard Top

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK - Friday 30 mins before was supposed to be somewhere I thought I would just pop on my new Visium. So excited - what could go wrong?!

30 mins later (drenched in sweat on a hotter than hades day) I had it set up - mostly after working each corner and trying not to strip anything and playing with washers (one wouldn't fit) and giving up on the cosmetic covers on the back.

Next time will be easier but about the same or more work than the factory hardtop.

The look - overall - is amazing BTW!

Top 10 Things I Didn't Know (or read but didn't fully believe) from Reading previous Visium TMC Posts
(and Questions for the peanut gallery)

1) This thing is LIGHT! I couldn't believe how light it is overall. Probably the same as the soft top.
2) This thing is obviously hand made. There are some tiny imperfections and pours in the rubberized plastic. Not a big deal but you can just tell each one is handcrafted.
3) Wind noise is an issue over 60 MPH - but I am not sure I trust "electrical tape" the gaps solution.
Will the tape come off the top/paint if left on a week/parked. Thoughts from others?
4) Fragile! Use only water and only NEW VIRGIN microfiber towels on it. Even things you think you know/trust (McGuires Detail Spray) are probably not right.
5) The Views! Everyone is in awe when they sit inside and lookout. Just incredible. I actually love it as I leave and come back to the garage 99% of the time I drive with it on so brutal summer heat is not an issue since I run the AC. But if someone made a microfiber cover - I am down with that!
6) The fitment on/off isn't as easy as I thought. I have given up on the rear cosmetic covers (keep thinking I am doing something wrong as they take way more force then you would think and feel like I am going to strip the bolts). Since you don't see them (behind your head) I am going to skip them. Also I can't use the washer on the left front (won't fit). I need to find a smaller diameter washer (other side fits fine - see note about hand made).
Did anyone have any issues with the front washers not fitting?
7) Looks amazing from the outside IMO! Better than the pictures do justice.
8) The shape/curves in the top are WAY more than you would think. How did they get it to bend like that!?
9) Tiny imperfections in the plexiglass in some places (again hand made).
10) One man job - if you are careful but don't rush it getting it on (or off)!

Overall I do love it.

If the electrical tape doesn't leave a residue over the winter and others can verify I might try that or just crank up the tunes over 60mph.

Other than that just plan to really enjoy it in the hottest of summer and the cool of winter (or a rainy week).

Reactions: drewski
Regarding scratches. Mine came with some redish/pinkish semi-liquid paste that does a really good job at removing them.

I don't have any trouble with the covers in the back. Just be sure you aren't cross-threading anything. They shouldn't be that hard to adjust. The washer has a flat spot on one side; is it aligned correctly?

You will have to re-tighten things, fronts mostly, after it settles a bit, or it will rattle. Then you should be good for a while. I also have to leave my driver's side a little loose, or the window glass just grazes it when closing. Every car will be slightly different, of course.

• Informative
Reactions: Matteni