Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top 5 things to do for new Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally agree about people who splurge on their Y.

As for me, I got the following: (all functional reasons vs. cosmetic reasons)
  1. Center console tray (to make that cavernous hole more usable) from Tesmanian. For the first month or so, I was using a cheap one found on Amazon but didn't like how it blocked the light in the console.
  2. A rubber insert for the cup holders. The one I got had the same shape (rubber bumps on the sides to hold cups) as the one in the back seat holders.
  3. Some small strips of Xpel to cover the metal frame below the seat for the rear doors (during the first week, our dog put her paw on it to climb into the back seat and put some light scratches in the paint).
  4. Some vinyl covers for the window switches from Abstract Ocean...why? You guessed it, b/c of our dog! :) Sometimes she puts her paw on the window switch when she's sitting with her head out the window and her paw pad scratched the piano black plastic. now they're covered and I don't worry about it (only appleid to the rear doors).
5. Forgot to include them Tesmanian all weather for mats, trunk, and trunk.

Thank you so much, guys. This is my first time to get involved with "Tesla owners". I was amazed by how people obsessed with Tesla.
I ran my Benz through the car wash and didn't think twice, or even once. Then I got a Tesla and got the contagious "protect at all cost" disease, $1,400 for "ceramic" coating and "color" correction. The color is under clear coat, they can't touch the color! And plastic film on the front. And washed it by hand. No more, its headed to a car wash. I think for most people it is the most expensive car they have ever bought and its a new toy to show off. Nobody cares anymore. Doesn't get a second look. Just another Tesla. I haven't given anyone a first ride in a Tesla since March. I miss their religious experience, "Oh my f'ing God" and Jeeeeeesus Christ" when I release the electrons.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Hi tesla community, this is the best and active community group ever. Never own a tesla, about to get MY. Just submit the $100 reservation 1 min ago. I live in Fremont, CA, close to Tesla HQ :) What are top 5 things I need to worry or do? Thx in advance, guys.
---here in Canada, $2500 refundable deposit with $500 penalty if order is canceled. I traded my 13 months old M3 to them for MY, what a thrill to drive. Y feels solid, firmer, quieter (double pane windows). If someone is on the market for dual motors M3, may as well pays a little more and get the Y

@2101Guy , can you explain a little bit, I really don't have a clue about the certified letter. Thx

Arbitration is typically designed to protect the business, not the customer/little guy. So when given the chance to opt out, most lawyers suggest doing so, as there is no benefit to you, the customer, in being held to binding arbitration. When you purchase a Tesla, unless you request otherwise, you are agreeing to arbitration.

https://www.tesla.com/order/downloa...y opt out of,out of the arbitration provision.

Agreement to Arbitrate. Please carefully read this provision, which applies to any dispute between you and Tesla, Inc. and its affiliates, (together “Tesla”). If you have a concern or dispute, please send a written notice describing it and your desired resolution to [email protected]. If not resolved within 60 days, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between you and Tesla will not be decided by a judge or jury but instead by a single arbitrator in an arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules. This includes claims arising before this Agreement, such as claims related to statements about our products. We will pay all AAA fees for any arbitration, which will be held in the city or county of your residence. To learn more about the Rules and how to begin an arbitration, you may call any AAA office or go to www.adr.org. The arbitrator may only resolve disputes between you and Tesla, and may not consolidate claims without the consent of all parties. The arbitrator cannot hear class or representative claims or requests for relief on behalf of others purchasing or leasing Tesla vehicles. In other words, you and Tesla may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action. If a court or arbitrator decides that any part of this agreement to arbitrate cannot be enforced as to a particular claim for relief or remedy, then that claim or remedy (and only that claim or remedy) must be brought in court and any other claims must be arbitrated. If you prefer, you may instead take an individual dispute to small claims court. You may opt out of arbitration within 30 days after signing this Agreement by sending a letter to: Tesla, Inc.; P.O. Box 15430; Fremont, CA 94539-7970, stating your name, Vehicle Identification Number, and intent to opt out of the arbitration provision. If you do not opt out, this agreement to arbitrate overrides any different arbitration agreement between us, including any arbitration agreement in a lease or finance contract

• Informative
Reactions: Reborn