Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top "Dumb EV Charger" for your garage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another vote for clppercreek as well.
I just got this model installed 11.5kW ZEFNET Single-Head Wall Mount — ZEF Energy
It is made by clippercreek.
The electrician who installed it also mentioned that I can add another charger in my garage and it can communicate with this charger.
I wanted Tesla charger but I saved $1000 in rebates.
I save another $500-$1000 in installation charges as it has a meter built in so additional wiring is not necessary.
It can only charge from 11 pm to 7 am but I get discounted rate.
It has a phone app as well. I am not sure why it is called a dumb charger but it works quite well.

Another vote for clppercreek as well.
I just got this model installed 11.5kW ZEFNET Single-Head Wall Mount — ZEF Energy
It is made by clippercreek.
The electrician who installed it also mentioned that I can add another charger in my garage and it can communicate with this charger.
I wanted Tesla charger but I saved $1000 in rebates.
I save another $500-$1000 in installation charges as it has a meter built in so additional wiring is not necessary.
It can only charge from 11 pm to 7 am but I get discounted rate.
It has a phone app as well. I am not sure why it is called a dumb charger but it works quite well.
Your ZEFNET 11.5kW EVSE has additional hardware, Wi-Fi and other capabilities that the ClipperCreek HCS-60 EVSE (the closest model to your ZEFNET) does not have.

And therefore it isn't a dumb charger. Whether they have remote communication abilities is the basic thing that determines that difference.

The Zefnet charger is a clipper creek charger with additional connectivity added. The model @seniorcitizen got uses it to communicate with the electric utility to participate in a reduced rate program. The charger itself is still the basic clipper creek charger, though.