TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Top Gear is coming around....

Discussion in 'Model S' started by skilly, May 11, 2015.

1. skilly

skilly Member

First drive: Tesla Model S P85D - BBC Top Gear

and I quote:

"Tesla's rate of improvement, from the original, fast-but-flawed Roadster of 2008 to the P85D, is jaw-dropping. This car asks some pretty serious questions of conventionally fuelled performance machines. Whatever follows might just render them all but redundant."

Capture.PNG

2. sorka

sorka Active Member

Top gear was never the problem. It was Clarkson. Didn't take them long to fix it.

He also called the Lexus SC430 the worst car ever made all things considered. We bought one shortly after seeing that piece :)

That said, the show will never be the same again assuming it isn't canceled for good.

3. martinwinlow

martinwinlow Member

The three of them are in talks with ITV... so watch this space! (or avoid it at all costs, like I will).

4. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Top Gear magazine and Top Gear the TV show are largely independent. The magazine has always reviewed the Model S very positively.

5. grahamsimmonds

Top Gear the programme and Top Gear the magazine are quite separate - I doubt whether Clarkson had much to do with the editorial content of the magazine apart from contributing to it.

I don't think Tesla did themselves any favours by suing the BBC (twice) and losing. Would you feature a car manufacturer's products on your programmes if you ran the risk of ending up in a court room every time you expressed an opinion about them?