Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Gear making Tesla looks bad again? P90D vs GTR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggnykk

Feb 7, 2016
Earth
Drag race between the P90D and the Nissan GTR. This was published yesterday. Too bad they only put the video on their webpage, so I couldn't link the video directly here. Do you think it is a fair race? This is a P90DL version 1 and the GTR got like a half second jump start. This old P90DL should do 1/4 mile in 11.2 second, not 11.5 second they got. In case you are not aware, the fastest version of P90DL can do 10.80 in 1/4 mile, which is faster than GTR's.

Also, I believe launch control was used in the Tesla, as you can see the car "buckle" at around 1:19 of the video

Link:
Top Gear drag races: Tesla Model S P90D vs Nissan GT-R

Last edited:
This old P90DL should do 1/4 mile in 11.2 second,
No, Tesla said the old P90DL should do 1/4 in 10.9 seconds.

I think the video is accurate in representing real world performance of initial P90DLs versus a stock GT-R

It's entirely Tesla's fault for misrepresenting early performance of P90Ds and not announcing that newer P90Ds (v2 & v3) exist and produce more power.

"Though the Tesla outguns the GT-R on outright power, both claim a 0-62mph time of 2.8s..."

Does the GT-R manage a real 2.8 second 0-62 mph time or is this the same rollout scam Tesla uses?

If the 2.8 seconds is a scientific legit time - why so surprised?

"Though the Tesla outguns the GT-R on outright power, both claim a 0-62mph time of 2.8s..."

Does the GT-R manage a real 2.8 second 0-62 mph time or is this the same rollout scam Tesla uses?

If the 2.8 seconds is a scientific legit time - why so surprised?
Almost all car magazine and car manufacturer in US use the one foot rollout, it is pretty much an industry standard. Not a scam by Tesla.

Reactions: aus