Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top Quality Paint/Wrap in San Antonio or Austin (or Houston)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cattledog

Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Hi All - I asked this question a few years ago but wanted to re-ask. I own a Founder Series Model S, VIN F00014 (right next to Sergey Brin at F00013!) It is signature red, and has been beaten up by gravel and has paint chips all over the hood and front quarter panels. Additionally, there's 8+ years of use on the car. I'd like to get the car painted signature red and have it wrapped in a clear wrap, so that it can live in the visual glory it deserves.

Any suggestions for a one-stop shop for painting and wrapping? San Antonio preferred, Austin OK, Houston if necessary (travel distance). A year ago, price mattered, but with the recent run in TSLA I'm more focused on getting a really nice paint job and wrap. Happy for separate recommendations for paint and wrap if that's what it takes.

Thx,

cattledog

Hi @Cattledog

If you truly care about quality, our shop Authentic Details can help you out. Our only focus is quality, and long term support. We believe in customers for life and delivering incredible installs on every car that comes to our shop.

I'd suggest the XPEL 10 Mil product (most PPF films are 8 mils thick) as it looks incredible on bold metallic colors, high gloss and it's super thick so it offers more protection and adds depth to the color that has to be seen to believe.

I'd be glad to have you at the shop and show you work in person, walk you through the details on what we do differently. We work on all types of cars and have been able to apply the techniques we learned on exotics, classics, and other cars to Teslas to deliver awesome installations.

Give me a shout anytime at 512.296.0183 and ask for Brad.

For paint needs, we work directly with Berli's, a premium quality paint shop in Austin, Tesla certified, and they are about 2 miles from our shop. I'd go to them if you want perfection and we can help manage that process as well - I work directly with the GM there to ensure everything is done to the highest standard. Also, remember the paint needs to cure before installation, so it will need about 30-60 days to properly outgas.

Last edited: