Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

top speed tuning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The access code currently changes and you can't access it unless your at a service center or if tech comes out and inputs it. From various users accessing the screen, Tesla made it so the code changes and it's also based on the location of the vehicle. I was told this by Tesla so... yea.. even if you got the code, it's not universal and it's location based.

Larry

No I can't because Tesla would kill me lol and as others have said it voids your warranty

So. the code is not available in a form accessible to an owner. Therefore, this quote:

You can enter the access service code and manually change the top speed (wouldn't recommend it though)

Is invalid. Truly amazing that it takes 3 pages to confirm what we all already knew.

Truly amazing that it takes 3 pages to confirm what we all already knew.
There is a reason why Tesla limit the top speed. Everything on our lovely cars is built well within tolerance (which I love) and included in that is that the battery design is constrained by the peak power which can be drawn on its internal pathways, and the motor, which spins from zero to top speed, would clearly suffer more strain if run still faster - they have a sensible limit. There is also the peak power issue for the inverter.

I think the parallel is if you own an ICE removing any rev limiter function and over-revving the engine. Would you really want to do that?