TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Top Ten Tesla Car Myths

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by jerry505, Jun 12, 2018.

1. jerry505

jerry505 Member

I have owned a Model S for three years and two months. There are so many myths I hear over and over about Tesla that I decided to add one to my youtube car channel. I am an auto writer and photographer full time. I'm sure forum members could add more myths. The video is here -

Interested in feedback.

• Like x 1
  2. Rountad

Rountad Member

You could be clearer about the phase-out of the $7500 credit. It sounded to me like you were saying that when Tesla hits 200K, that the tax credit is halved. That, as I'm sure you know, happens after the remainder of the fiscal quarter in which that happens and the next quarter combined. The credit is halved again after two more quarters and then goes away entirely (unless Congress renews it).

I enjoyed the video!

• Like x 1
  3. jerry505

jerry505 Member

Thanks, yes that part was a little unclear.

Overall, as an owner I hear the myths in the video so often I wanted to get this out. I have been a full time auto journalist now for 35 years.