Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top things to check on Model S Refresh Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I’m looking for specific issues to watch out for on current Model S Refresh deliveries.

Maybe we can turn this into a Wiki.

Most lists I’ve seen are dated with issues long resolved. Or full of silly stuff like Paint Color is what you ordered and you got two keys. Tried to help a friend check his model Y out and the lists were nearly useless. 95% full of silly stuff.

I’ve had two deliveries with stupid long lists. Ran out of time going through everything. Delivery centers get a little impatient if you go to crazy. So I’d like to see a more relevant “short list”. General panel gaps are obvious, but if there is one that is very prone to occur please suggest it.

And for the lists I have found they are missing some of the current key issues of the day.
If you have a suggestion to remove something, go for it.

This is a few I see keep coming up.

Rear Trunk Cover missing
Console / Dash alignment
19” tires are the type you wanted (summer vs all season)
Floor mats missing
Matrix Lights and Taillights (probably already know based on VIN)

Reactions: travass808

Why would you not want to ensure you got the correct number of keys / key cards?

Just last week someone posted that fobs showed up in the mail long after taking delivery and being confused as they didn't know they were still included for the S?

Part of the issue is "long fixed" doesn't mean it stays fixed. I am sure you are right, there are some on the list irrelevant but many of the issues are due to supply chain problems so something may be corrected for MONTHS and then just stop shipping again.

Personally I just took the above Wiki list and spent a few minutes removing items I was less worried about to make the delivery inspection a bit faster.

Why would you not want to ensure you got the correct number of keys / key cards?

Just last week someone posted that fobs showed up in the mail long after taking delivery and being confused as they didn't know they were still included for the S?

Part of the issue is "long fixed" doesn't mean it stays fixed. I am sure you are right, there are some on the list irrelevant but many of the issues are due to supply chain problems so something may be corrected for MONTHS and then just stop shipping again.

Personally I just took the above Wiki list and spent a few minutes removing items I was less worried about to make the delivery inspection a bit faster.
Because I can count to two on one hand with out a list telling me to count to two. I never needed a list to tell me to count two keys on an ICE car. My guess is a missing key on Tesla probably happens the same as on an ICE. I have never heard of anyone ever getting 1 FOB or One KeyCard.

I’m just looking for a list of common, not so obvious things to check.

I don’t want a silly mega list. I’ve tried that 3 times and it was a total joke and a waste of everyone’s time.

I think Tesla owners have gone way over the top on the checklists.

I just want to know the current common issues to look for on a Model S refresh.

I think what I posted in the first post is it. But curious if I’m missing any. And currently that’s all I’m gonna check for.

I picked mine up late September sans the trunk well cover and rear privacy shelf. At the time I was not aware they are standard equipment. Posts on this site were helpful in realizing the parts were missing. It took about a month but the Tampa service center made thing right.

Reactions: Ormond
Take this list, pick what's important to you, and go with that :)
This is the most comprehensive list to have, so make it as short as you feel cause obviously what other people find important might not matter to you, but this way you will miss nothing :D

I’m looking for specific issues to watch out for on current Model S Refresh deliveries.

Maybe we can turn this into a Wiki.

Most lists I’ve seen are dated with issues long resolved. Or full of silly stuff like Paint Color is what you ordered and you got two keys. Tried to help a friend check his model Y out and the lists were nearly useless. 95% full of silly stuff.

I’ve had two deliveries with stupid long lists. Ran out of time going through everything. Delivery centers get a little impatient if you go to crazy. So I’d like to see a more relevant “short list”. General panel gaps are obvious, but if there is one that is very prone to occur please suggest it.

And for the lists I have found they are missing some of the current key issues of the day.
If you have a suggestion to remove something, go for it.

This is a few I see keep coming up.

Rear Trunk Cover missing
Console / Dash alignment
19” tires are the type you wanted (summer vs all season)
Floor mats missing
Matrix Lights and Taillights (probably already know based on VIN)
I believe it was you who replied in the last delivery thread how the list are dumb and redundant.

Just as an fyi, picked up my car today and was verifying if the VIN matched etc, Tesla ended up putting wrong plates on my car and I couldn’t find it. Turns out it was in front of me the entire time bc they put the wrong paper plates and paper vin in my vehicle which they had to fix.

This just goes to show that the “dumb” list as you referred to before, it’s not dumb and obvious. It really does happen.

I believe it was you who replied in the last delivery thread how the list are dumb and redundant.

Just as an fyi, picked up my car today and was verifying if the VIN matched etc, Tesla ended up putting wrong plates on my car and I couldn’t find it. Turns out it was in front of me the entire time bc they put the wrong paper plates and paper vin in my vehicle which they had to fix.

This just goes to show that the “dumb” list as you referred to before, it’s not dumb and obvious. It really does happen.
Did I say VIN check was dumb?
The only thing I did find wasn’t on the list.
They repainted my fender and never put the patch of PPF back on.
I just wanted the common, serious, reoccurring stuff.

Did I say VIN check was dumb?
The only thing I did find wasn’t on the list.
They repainted my fender and never put the patch of PPF back on.
I just wanted the common, serious, reoccurring stuff.
C78B7FE2-8663-415E-9C58-2E736421F6F7.png

Well you didn’t specifically called it stupid but you added it in as a list of obvious stuff after saying the bigger list of things is stupid and you stop reading. So… 🥱

View attachment 786430
Well you didn’t specifically called it stupid but you added it in as a list of obvious stuff after saying the bigger list of things is stupid and you stop reading. So… 🥱
I didn’t care about obvious *sugar*. Did you check your car had 4 wheels and a windshield? I wanted COMMON FLAWS to watch out for.

Sorry that’s so difficult for you to grasp.

I did check the VIN BTW, and that windshield wasn’t cracked and the doors opened.

Marking you ignored. You are the proud 4th person I’ve blocked in 4 years. Congrats.

I didn’t care about obvious *sugar*. Did you check your car had 4 wheels and a windshield? I wanted COMMON FLAWS to watch out for.

I did check the VIN BTW, and that windshield wasn’t cracked and the doors opened.

Marking you ignored. You are the proud 4th person I’ve blocked in 4 years. Congrats.

Feel free to mark me as “ignored” as well. Why so angry? If I EVER get a car, I shall have appreciated the collective genius of the forum. Too many years spent as a product manager for software has taught me that QA/QC Is sometime missed. Best of luck with your journey

Reactions: Derrickd5

Awesome, I’m glad to be the 4th. You’ll be the first person on a forum that ill ignore. Obviously you’re a lazy self entitled individual that wants things handed to them.

You’re hilarious. So angry and hurt. Must be a joy to be around in person.

You wonder why people keep telling the same thing I am. I’m just up front about it and hence why there’s hardly any replies in this tread you created. No one wanted to help your self entitled self on the main chat so you created another one just to hear the same thing. Great job there!

Reactions: Chet S

FYI. With that attitude of yours, you’re not going to get far anywhere. Relax and get help, but don’t expect anyone to be your personal assistant.

Maybe you can add your personality as a common flaw on your list of things to find and fix.

Reactions: koorosh and Chet S
Because I can count to two on one hand with out a list telling me to count to two. I never needed a list to tell me to count two keys on an ICE car. My guess is a missing key on Tesla probably happens the same as on an ICE. I have never heard of anyone ever getting 1 FOB or One KeyCard.

I’m just looking for a list of common, not so obvious things to check.

I don’t want a silly mega list. I’ve tried that 3 times and it was a total joke and a waste of everyone’s time.

I think Tesla owners have gone way over the top on the checklists.

I just want to know the current common issues to look for on a Model S refresh.

I think what I posted in the first post is it. But curious if I’m missing any. And currently that’s all I’m gonna check for.
When I took delivery of my 2017 S, I only received one key fob, don’t have a key card? Not even sure what that is.

Tesla just announced the charging cable will no longer be included. I was surprised when I picked up my 20022 Refresh that there are two fobs in the car. I will never miss them if they were not there. As often as Tesla changes the included component, one will not know if it is missing or deleted. I was looking for a NEMA adapter which I got with my 2014 MS. Now I know it has been deleted. When you order something such as a new TV, you will see a list of included accessories such as HDMI cable etc. If Tesla could do that, it will be less confusing. Better yet. If they will communicate on delivery which piece is missing due to part shortage instead of expecting us to find out and report. My trunk well cover was missing. After I reported, it was delivered a few weeks later.

Tesla just announced the charging cable will no longer be included. I was surprised when I picked up my 20022 Refresh that there are two fobs in the car. I will never miss them if they were not there. As often as Tesla changes the included component, one will not know if it is missing or deleted. I was looking for a NEMA adapter which I got with my 2014 MS. Now I know it has been deleted. When you order something such as a new TV, you will see a list of included accessories such as HDMI cable etc. If Tesla could do that, it will be less confusing. Better yet. If they will communicate on delivery which piece is missing due to part shortage instead of expecting us to find out and report. My trunk well cover was missing. After I reported, it was delivered a few weeks later.
Tesla and proactivity do not go together.

Reactions: Pcm888usa