Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top toolbar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

4SUPER9

2022 Model S
Jun 6, 2013
So Cal
My apologies in advance if I am being a moron. My wife's 2019 Model 3, and her new 2022 Model 3, both have a top toolbar showing the lock status, driver profile, sentry mode icon, and a clock. These were present on my prior Model S, which also included HomeLink. On my new 2022 Model S, it is missing. It is very frustrating to open up the controls every time I want to open the HomeLink or lock/unlock the doors (yes, I know there are geolocation features for the homelink, etc, but I use the same control for several different locations, sometimes need to lock the door quickly, etc). Is there a setting to turn this on, or is it just missing from the Model S software. I find it frustrating to have to open the controls for all these features.

Toolbar view.jpg

You are not missing anything, except the top function bar, which no longer displays until you press the Car button.

It’s annoying to not have easy access to unlock and home link in particular.
OK, at least it is not me. But why would the Model 3 (and presumably MY) have this important feature and not us? The lock button is most concerning, as I would like to not navigate screens to lock my doors in a hurry. Everything else is just plain annoying.

Do you mean that it just magically appeared on its own? I have not seen Homelink appear with either 2022.28.1 or 28.2
LoL, yes unfortunately the "appearance" of Homelink icon is sporadic and inconsistent. I've noticed all of the new Status Bar icons only show up under certain conditions. For example, the Lock and Sentry icons appear when stopped. I would think the Homelink icon would appear when in range of the home destination (whether moving or not), but so far I have not been able to discern the logic. Even sitting in driveway in park with the other Status Bar items doesn't guarantee Homelink will also show up. I might try resetting the Homelink location in settings to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the update. My Homelink operates several different locations, so using location for me does not work well, except for the one location where I have it set up. Also, the Homelink pop-up at the bottom of the screen disappears once completed, yet I often need to reactivate it. Going through all the screens is just annoying. Hopefully, Tesla will get this right eventually.

Thanks for the update. My Homelink operates several different locations, so using location for me does not work well, except for the one location where I have it set up. Also, the Homelink pop-up at the bottom of the screen disappears once completed, yet I often need to reactivate it. Going through all the screens is just annoying. Hopefully, Tesla will get this right eventually.
I figured out one way to make the Homelink icon appear on status bar. It only shows up when I swipe down and close the pop up Homelink buttons at bottom of screen. Car also has to be stopped (not sure if in Park).

129BD709-2BAC-4571-9F22-4A9016E0952C.jpeg E833AF80-7494-4BA1-B2B1-ADE8B38C3C9D.jpeg

I figured out one way to make the Homelink icon appear on status bar. It only shows up when I swipe down and close the pop up Homelink buttons at bottom of screen. Car also has to be stopped (not sure if in Park).

View attachment 855492 View attachment 855493
Thanks. Good info. This is clearly over-engineering of software. Just keep everything in the toolbar all the time. Much simpler.