Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TOPFIT Customized Dash Cam - My Review/Videos/Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No,This is for the newest version for the Ap2.0 system.
Do you know where I can get an updated English FW for the AP1 version?

My cam started behaving erratically. Wouldn't record since July - I just noticed. Out of all video files recorded until then only 2 were not corrupted and could be played. SD cards would fail to format 90% of the time. Getting pink tinted frames in live cam feed and recorded video. Hoping a FW update will address these issues.

What is the difference between ap1 vs ap2?. You can not buy ap1 version only ap2.
Not sure what all the differences exactly are, most likely shape of the housing. If you need an AP1 version I think they may still have some. PM me for their (Topfit) email address and you can reach out to them directly. I've been dealing with them about the issues with my AP1 cam and they are offering to send a replacement so they must still have them in stock.

I have just installed the Topfit AP2 Model S and although the install of the camera housing was simple enough, I can not find any software that is stable enough on my Google Pixel 2XL (Android). The QR scan code in the manual takes you to a very non-english app and the AIT smart cam software on Google Play crashes on start-up.

I'll try a few of the other apps but it seems like most have gotten everything up and running without much trouble...?

I had to remove mine, I had an issue where ever so often, the camera would lose power and then say "DVR is recording now",

Was really weird for most people to hear that they were being recorded. Will just wait without a dashcam until Elon gives us the inbuilt one (not holding my breath)

I got my issue resolved. Just one of those keep screwing around with the bluetooth connection and the app finally "saw" the camera - the camera connected to WIFI without issue. I ended up using ROROCAM (Android) which seems to do fine.

Not sure what all the differences exactly are, most likely shape of the housing. If you need an AP1 version I think they may still have some. PM me for their (Topfit) email address and you can reach out to them directly. I've been dealing with them about the issues with my AP1 cam and they are offering to send a replacement so they must still have them in stock.
Can I have Topfit's email address? Got a question for them too. Thank you!

Can I have Topfit's email address? Got a question for them too. Thank you!
Try
[email protected] their customer support WhatsApp is no longer reachable so this may not work either.

Update: my dashcam broke down. No longer records. Tried swapping SD cards - no luck. Cam won't accept a FW flash and app no longer connects to it - so it's still blinking its lights but essentially is dead. No viable warranty support available. They offered at some point to send me a replacement for like $70 to cover their shipping, supposedly. I decided not to send more good money after bad.

Try
[email protected] their customer support WhatsApp is no longer reachable so this may not work either.

Update: my dashcam broke down. No longer records. Tried swapping SD cards - no luck. Cam won't accept a FW flash and app no longer connects to it - so it's still blinking its lights but essentially is dead. No viable warranty support available. They offered at some point to send me a replacement for like $70 to cover their shipping, supposedly. I decided not to send more good money after bad.
Thanks!

Video quality on my Tesla Topfit has become unusable. Lens is clean as is the windshield. Not sure what would make this happen...too much San Diego heat or direct sunshine?

upload_2019-10-5_16-37-10.png