Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am searching for the top fit dashcam for ap1 and can't find it. Will the ap2 dashcam fit?. It seems they stopped making them. Looked into the blackvue dash cam to and have it installed they want over $1300. Seems overpriced. I swear when you tell a shop what car you drive especially a tesla the price skyrockets. Any help in locating the top fit ap1 dashcam would be great. After hearing stories of all the accidents want to protect my family.

Thanks in advance

I am searching for the top fit dashcam for ap1 and can't find it. Will the ap2 dashcam fit?. It seems they stopped making them. Looked into the blackvue dash cam to and have it installed they want over $1300. Seems overpriced. I swear when you tell a shop what car you drive especially a tesla the price skyrockets. Any help in locating the top fit ap1 dashcam would be great. After hearing stories of all the accidents want to protect my family.

Thanks in advance

No the AP2 one will not fit. The AP1 was a different mount. Unfortunately you'll have to look for a used one at this point. There was one in the for sale section a couple months ago...

$1300! I just got mine installed for $190. It took them less then two hours. I would continue to search around and make sure they have worked with Tesla's and whatever dashcams you plan on purchasing.

The $1300 might be including the cost of the camera.

Even including the Blackvue Dashcam, $1300 is too steep for a 2 channel install. I have read on the Tesla Forum that Calibred Customs actually travels to various parts of the country and does installs at your home or office. If you are going to have it done professionally, he would be worth the 400 he charges for the installation given his reviews, and experience with Tesla

I have a Top Fit AP1 dash cam for a Model s (fits my 2016) which I'd be happy to sell to you! It has a 64Gb memory - works really well and literally takes 5 minutes to install. Looks really good. I've had it about 6 months. Reply if you are interested!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_312a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_312a.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 108
  • fullsizeoutput_312b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_312b.jpeg
    546.5 KB · Views: 69
  • fullsizeoutput_312c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_312c.jpeg
    860.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Informative
Reactions: dogldogl