Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit Steering Wheel Display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is MCU on RH side on RHD cars? Mine is LHD,I did my time on my back with ass in passenger seat and legs over seat back, that one connector is a real pig to get to. It was bad enough without the steering wheel being in the way! other than that the install is pretty straightforward.
No, it’s on the LH side in RHD cars. But the cable exits on the right and there’s virtually no room to do the cable swap for the Y splitter.

No, it’s on the LH side in RHD cars. But the cable exits on the right and there’s virtually no room to do the cable swap for the Y splitter.
I think these supplementary displays are great. Here’s my Hansshow on my M3P, yes there is slight impact on airflow but we were ok when driving at 41°C in the midlands last year. The CarPlay integration is great and being able to use Waze is a great plus.

B2738A0B-0A0B-463E-9C6E-214460D846FB.jpeg
130C9962-BE08-4AB7-95BB-E96E4E167D34.jpeg

For those who don't want to hard wire devices, I recommend the Commander & S3XY buttons app, along with a phone mount for the dash.
Gives you the car info (speedo, indicators, etc) and you can split screen to have Waze, etc alongside.
I got the 2-button package, as I didn't personally see a use for more - 1 is set up & stuck near the charger to unlock / open the charge port (like the Tesla UMC button), the other is currently set as a quick switch for the fog lights as we live in a valley & get lots of early-morning mist/fog at this time of year.
The buttons can be customised from the app to do pretty much anything the screen options can do (& some more besides).

Reactions: KennethS