Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topfit under seat storage box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One issue with these under-seat storage boxes. They are hard to pull out if you also have all weather floor mats with higher sides. We have to pull up the mat first before sliding the box out.
Yeah, even without all weather mats they are not that easy to access. I keep rarely used, but need to have items in mine like towels for if I get caught in the rain and need to dry off, first aid kit, things like that.

Keith

One issue with these under-seat storage boxes. They are hard to pull out if you also have all weather floor mats with higher sides. We have to pull up the mat first before sliding the box out.
I have the Basenor under-seat storage box and Tesmanian floor mats that have really high walls. I used a Ronan Multi-Cut Rubber Cutter to trim a section roughly about 15" x 5" out of the back of the floor mat. This works great for me and gives me easy access to the storage box but if you poured a bucket of water onto the floor mat then water would leak out where I made the cut.

Reactions: WattsHappening
I have the Basenor under-seat storage box and Tesmanian floor mats that have really high walls. I used a Ronan Multi-Cut Rubber Cutter to trim a section roughly about 15" x 5" out of the back of the floor mat. This works great for me and gives me easy access to the storage box but if you poured a bucket of water onto the floor mat then water would leak out where I made the cut.
Difficult to deal with if water comes out during car wash

• Funny
Reactions: dagug
When the inside of my car is very dirty, I will wipe it with a damp towel, and I will not pour water in the car
Got it. I don't pour water into my car either which is why cutting the floor mat is not a problem. Maybe people who live in areas with heavy snow and slush would prefer to keep their floor mats intact.

BTW: I use the 3D LVP products for cleaning the interior. I use Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner for cleaning the floor mats. It's good at restoring the black color although it seems to be out of stock most places ATM.

Did you get the ones with, or without, the silicone case? I purchased both, and find that the ones without the silicone overlay slide in and out easier, but they are more prone to noise, since items slide around them quite easier.
Yeah I got the one without silicon case, I do have bottles that do slide around in there if they are not packed tightly.

Reactions: JLOC
Got it. I don't pour water into my car either which is why cutting the floor mat is not a problem. Maybe people who live in areas with heavy snow and slush would prefer to keep their floor mats intact.

BTW: I use the 3D LVP products for cleaning the interior. I use Meguiar's Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner for cleaning the floor mats. It's good at restoring the black color although it seems to be out of stock most places ATM.
oh, out of stock is really bad