Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Topic reply notifications not working properly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was seeing the same thing with the "Goto New Posts" buttons. When I went to post here to report it, I realized I was no longer logged in. Once I logged in, it started working correctly.

Perhaps the cookies the system uses to figure out what the "last seen message" is depends on your logged in status? When I was logged out it was sending me to messages around mid October, which might have been the last time I was logged out.

Seems like I have to re-log in every few minutes now.

I've had a weird issue where when I come to the site I'm not shown as logged in, but once I click and thread topic and go to another page I'm shown as logged in (and am logged in). I've tried clearing my cookies and all that jazz, but nothing has worked. Not really a problem like what you said because I'm at least logged in still.

-Shark2k

It turns out that the patch was related to the cookies used and so part of the patch invalidated everyones current auth cookie triggering the need to log in.

vB stores your last viewed information in the db against your user credentials, log off and it doesn't know where to look.

vfx: if you're logging in it may be that you're loosing that auth cookie, are you using one browser with cookies enabled?

I have noticed that the auth cookie is time limited forceing an occasional log in.

Thanks again all for reporting in.