Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torklift Ecohitch Stealth for Refreshed 2021 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also just got the Torklift ecohitch installed on my 2022 refreshed Model S, I found out after I mount my bike rack, there is some up and down movement on the hitch itself, I called the rack shop (they installed it for me) and they said it is normal. is there anyone else who also experience the same findings? see my youtube video for a demonstration:

Thanks
To clarify it, the up & down play only happens on the hitch receiver itself, which is bolted to the hitch bar (the hitch bar is very stable though).

the connecting bolt seems to act like a hinge which causes the up&down play. This "Stealth type" hitch by Torklift contains this bolt that can be unscrewed to take off the receiver in order to return the car to its factory look.

I also just got the Torklift ecohitch installed on my 2022 refreshed Model S, I found out after I mount my bike rack, there is some up and down movement on the hitch itself, I called the rack shop (they installed it for me) and they said it is normal. is there anyone else who also experience the same findings? see my youtube video for a demonstration:

Thanks
I'm not sure if yours is "normal" as they claim, but this is really unfortunate. For me, it would be a total deal-breaker. For others that are reading, I put the MX hitch on my 2021 refresh MS and it has zero play.

Reactions: gbailey

Thanks
Do you have any update on this? I have a Model S Refresh and want to add a tow hitch for my bike rack. I was about to buy the Ecohitch, then saw your video. In the video, it looks like the bottom of the bumper is moving along with the tow hitch /receiver. Is that the case? Also, how much pressure was used to generate the movement in your video? Thanks in advance for any info.