Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torklift EcoHitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any Model 3 owners that installed this hitch taken the bumper cover off a year or two after installation to check for corrosion? I'm curious if the Model 3 has the tendency to suffer from dissimilar metal corrosion like was an issue on the Model S, at least initially.
That issue was long ago before Torklift included nylon washers to keep the dissimilar metals from touching. They also upgraded their powdercoating equipment to make it more durable. I personally installed mine last year and painted it with silver paint before, just to add even more protection.

Reactions: Watts_Up
That issue was long ago before Torklift included nylon washers to keep the dissimilar metals from touching. They also upgraded their powdercoating equipment to make it more durable. I personally installed mine last year and painted it with silver paint before, just to add even more protection.

Thank you for the confirmation that they have addressed the issue. I assumed that was the case, but hadn’t paid particularly close attention to it. I’ll likely order this when they run their Black Friday sale in November.

Thank you for the confirmation that they have addressed the issue. I assumed that was the case, but hadn’t paid particularly close attention to it. I’ll likely order this when they run their Black Friday sale in November.
I actually would recommend the Stealth Hitches one instead, but you can decide yourself by watching this video

• Informative
Reactions: swaltner