TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Torklift Ecohitch

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Richard10k, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Richard10k

Richard10k New Member

Has anyone installed the ecohitch on a refreshed Tesla Model S, yet? I contacted the company and they have not had any experience in their main shop.

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

I did the same and I told them to get in touch when they had figured out how to deal with the refreshed body style.

3. acarlos1000

acarlos1000 Member

4. GarrickS

GarrickS Member

So has anyone actually done this on a refresh model yet? I can't find a single picture or reference to anyone having done it other than that one line on the ecohitch website.

I have my ecohitch sitting in the garage and I've got nothing to do tomorrow. Haha, I'm scared to start!

5. acarlos1000

acarlos1000 Member

I emailed the folks at Torklift and here is what they said:

"You can use the 2015 model if you would like but it does stick out the back and is not flush with the bumper. If you are local to WA (Kent) you can bring it in and could possibly receive a free undercover that we will make for you."
    Maybe some one at TMC from WA can stop by at the company in Kent.

6. Dr. Smoke

Dr. Smoke Member

They're about 60 miles away and a real hassle to get to, given the bad part of town they're in. But I might make the trip down there soon. Installed the hitch on my 2015 today.

I'm not paying no $100 for a cover though so the value of the trip is dicey.