TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Torn Between These Two

Discussion in 'Model S' started by charliechinchen, Sep 9, 2015.

1. charliechinchen

Choice #1
    1. No Pano Roof
    2. Low Mileage (8K)
    3. Cheaper Price (65K)
    4. 21 Inch Rims

Choice #2
    1. Has Pano roof
    2. Higher Mileage (23k)
    3. More Expensive (70k)
    4. Has Twin Charging
    5. Spoiler

would like to hear what you guy think.. these are CPO tesla.... i cant decide :(

asdf.png teslaa.png

2. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

I would definitely get the choice #2. The Pano Roof is going to look so much better with that silver exterior and it really opens up the interior of the car. With Tech, Air, and Sound that car is nicely loaded. If you ever decide to sell that car, you may have a hard time selling an expensive used car with no sunroof.

Also personally I would get the 19" wheels over the 21" wheels. Some prefer the 21" wheels because they feel it delivers better handling but realize that comes at the expense of about 5% range and you also get a harsher ride, louder ride, with more probability if tire and wheel damage due to less sidewall. Also if money is of concern, the 19" all season tires should last longer and they are less expensive to replace.

3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I love the pano roof. I wouldn't pass on it.

I love the look of 21" wheels, but there's no way I'd get them. I've had my tires accidentally touch the curb before, and if I had 21s, I'm sure I'd be cursing like a sailor due to curbing them.

4. mentalspaz

mentalspaz Member

/cosign

5. tstafford

tstafford Member

I wouldn't want the 21s. But I bet you could trade them out with another owner after the sale if you wanted.

6. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

Assuming all else is equal, I would recommend Choice 2. The 19" wheels won't go through tires as fast and the Pano roof will give your passengers 1.5~2" more headroom.

7. ModelX

ModelX Member

8. Father Bill

Father Bill Member

I concur with those who encourage the choice with the pano roof. You will get a 50k mile warranty so any high mileage issues that may come up will be addressed. I got the Pano on mine and absolutely cannot imagine the MS without it.

Pax,

Father Bill

9. mrjedistud

mrjedistud Member

DON"T go for #2, that's the one that I've been eyeing. HA HA.
    In all seriousness that's the one that I'd get. Good old VIN 17149. At least if you get it, I'll know she went to a good home.
    For some reason its been on and off the CPO site 5 times, I'm not sure why, Tesla must be refreshing the listing, but each time nothing seems to change.

10. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

$70k is starting to get close to a new 70D with tax incentives. Also something to consider.

11. taurusking

taurusking Member

+++11111 to what dsm363 said...

If you are willing to spend 70K on CPO car...consider 70D...you will get better build and AWD is awesome.

I don't have AWD but I am currently driving 85D loaner and I can feel the difference.

12. yo mama

yo mama Member

I'm going against the grain and say get the 21" rims. They're like high heels on a beautiful woman. No, they aren't practical - but man they sure are sexy.

13. rdrcrmatt

rdrcrmatt Member

I'd take the 19" wheels over the 21's.. twin chargers has saved my ass a few times.

i'm almost thinking no pano roof on my next one because it is a lot quieter, but I love being able to look up. I'd pick choice 2.

14. Nashville P85D

I've bought many many cars in my day....in all cases one makes me 'feel' something more than the other. Maybe that's the color or the wheels that gets you excited - only you can answer that. Both will be great cars with a full warranty.

With that being said - you can't roll back miles or add a sunroof later - I see your dilemma.

Go with your gut and whatever makes you 'feel' something tingly.

15. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

#1 Can't deny pano roof looks awesome, but for 15k miles and $5k less, I'm willing to give up pano roof.
    There are many people dislike 21" rim, but if you're willing to trade 21" with 19" stock and 4 new tires, I'm sure there are many owners are willing to trade.

16. charliechinchen

Just bought a CPO P85+ for 72,100

2013 P85+ ,32K Miles - 72,100

85 kWh Performance Model SEXTERIORGrey Metallic PaintAll Glass Panoramic Roof21" Grey Performance Plus WheelsINTERIORBlack Performance InteriorObeche Wood Matte DécorCHARGINGSuperchargingTwin ChargersOPTIONSTech PackageActive Air SuspensionSound Studio PackagePerformance Plus Package

out the door price was 80,147 with tax, licensing.

not sure if i made a good decision or not 80k seems like quite alot for a used car. Hope i don't regret it.

17. sorka

sorka Active Member

You should be arrested for stealing :tongue:

18. charliechinchen

lol yeah sorka.. i started look at 65k at first.. then it went to 70k.. then the tesla guys told me pay 2k more and get a+... i got suckered and accepted lol

19. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Honestly, its a hard call. You could get aftermarket 19" or 20" wheels and dual chargers can be installed for $2k. The carbon fiber spoiler is $1k from Tesla or cheaper aftermarket. So really, it comes down to personal preference for the pano. Personally, the pano is a must have for me, but if its just a "nice to have" for you, $5k is nothing to sneeze at. Plus, as others said, someone may be willing to buy the 21s from you and you can buy the 19s from Tesla or 19s or 20s aftermarket.

20. charliechinchen

cyclone... i already went with pano ... just because its pano haha... but i had an even harder time debating 70D vs P85+... i went with P85+ at the end tho...