Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torn Undercarige Going Over Curb Need Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked in a parking spot but turned too soon while pulling out and and drove over the curb. I didn't think anything was wrong until I heard scraping from underneath and noticed that I tore the plastic from under my car (see pics). I'll be taking it into the service center tomorrow unless someone might have any other suggestions. Car is only two months old, can this be fixed under warranty?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Marcus

Attachments

• IMG_20160918_210310.jpg
    IMG_20160918_210310.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_20160918_210326.jpg
    IMG_20160918_210326.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_20160918_210317.jpg
    IMG_20160918_210317.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 262
Can it be repaired? Almost certainly.

Would be it fixed under warranty? Unlikely. It's not a manufacturing defect or failure of a covered part. Your actions caused the damage and you would be responsible for the repair.

If all that's damaged is the plastic closeout we see in the pictures, it should be an easy and inexpensive repair.

As others have said, this isn't a warranty issue - it was working fine until it encountered the curb, right?

Great service on Tesla's part.

Last weekend I was talking to someone who's front bumper was torn loose the same way. He was waiting for a replacement bumper from the factory, but had it tied on with some straps in the meantime.

Just to update you; Took my car to the TSC yesterday. After about 4 hours all was fixed at no charge. They sent me back to my office in an Uber, then delivered my car there when finished. I'm very happy!
Impressed w/ TSLA as usual fixing an accident under warranty vs most other dealers nickel and dime TSB/recalls unless you twist their arms