TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Torn Undercarige Going Over Curb Need Help

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Airhawker, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Airhawker

Airhawker Member

I parked in a parking spot but turned too soon while pulling out and and drove over the curb. I didn't think anything was wrong until I heard scraping from underneath and noticed that I tore the plastic from under my car (see pics). I'll be taking it into the service center tomorrow unless someone might have any other suggestions. Car is only two months old, can this be fixed under warranty?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

Marcus

Attached Files:

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

#2 rypalmer, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Very sorry to hear about your accident.
    No.

3. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

Can it be repaired? Almost certainly.

Would be it fixed under warranty? Unlikely. It's not a manufacturing defect or failure of a covered part. Your actions caused the damage and you would be responsible for the repair.

4. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

Fixed? yes. Warranty? no.

5. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

If all that's damaged is the plastic closeout we see in the pictures, it should be an easy and inexpensive repair.

As others have said, this isn't a warranty issue - it was working fine until it encountered the curb, right?

6. Airhawker

Airhawker Member

Just to update you; Took my car to the TSC yesterday. After about 4 hours all was fixed at no charge. They sent me back to my office in an Uber, then delivered my car there when finished. I'm very happy!

• Like x 4
  7. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

Great service on Tesla's part.

Last weekend I was talking to someone who's front bumper was torn loose the same way. He was waiting for a replacement bumper from the factory, but had it tied on with some straps in the meantime.