Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto and Oakville Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
make sure tire shop you're going to knows about Tesla vehicle, I read about changing tire in regard of tesla vehicles, there was an incident that the car was not properly lift up and battery was damaged. Don't know if this is a rumor or not.
Yes, that shop was Costco. Since then Costco stopped installing tires on Tesla. Told to me by Tire shop tech in Costco.

Went to pick up my car today at The International Centre, did a quick inspection, a slightly misalignment of passenger doors, off by little bit, I can live with it, no big deal, maybe will request to adjust later during my first service next year.
1.jpg

BUMP! Any idea on how long it took for your vehicles to get from Fremont to Toronto? How many km did your vehicle have on delivery day? The waiting is killing me here... Thanks!

The way I understand it, the car travels via train to Chicago, is put on a truck then it comes through Detroit and along the 401 to a storage yard somewhere in the northeast part of Toronto. When mine was built, there was a delay at Chicago due to locating a car carrier. You can also look at the following link to get a better idea of the entire process:

Model S Order & Delivery 2017 & 2018

You can filter the spreadsheet and look at the time frames involved. Feel inclined to add your info if you like.

For the last quarter, it varied from 48 to 84 days from confirmation of order to delivery. Lots of variables, and also some possibility of a delay due to Model 3 production.

Last edited:
The way I understand it, the car travels via train to Chicago, is put on a truck then it comes through Detroit and along the 401 to a storage yard somewhere in the northeast part of Toronto. When mine was built, there was a delay at Chicago due to locating a car carrier. You can also look at the following link to get a better idea of the entire process:

Model S Order & Delivery 2017 & 2018

You can filter the spreadsheet and look at the time frames involved. Feel inclined to add your info if you like.

For the last quarter, it varied from 48 to 84 days from confirmation of order to delivery. Lots of variables, and also some possibility of a delay due to Model 3 production.

Thanks for getting back to me, my vehicle has been built and is in transportation as of Feb 11th. trying to calculate a rough delivery date.

Thanks.

BUMP! Any idea on how long it took for your vehicles to get from Fremont to Toronto? How many km did your vehicle have on delivery day? The waiting is killing me here... Thanks!
IIRC mine did the entire trip by truck, since it was at the very end of the quarter. Your time in transit might be longer since the end of the quarter isn't until the end of March and they won't be in as much of a rush.

How many km did your vehicle have on delivery day?

You can ask this question of your DS even before you get the vehicle. I did, and was told the Odometer had ~10km on it and that a few more would be put on in Ontario to test drive it. I received it with an odometer reading of 15.7km. My vehicle was an inventory vehicle so I was trying to ensure it hadn't been used for a bunch of test drives.

Reactions: HA3AP