Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto area Roadster racing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Traditionally, There’s “show and display” or bringing the imported car into compliance in the US prior to 25yr rule. These are usually reserved for high dollar exotics but Tesla roadsters are quickly approaching that status. Currently, tesla classic roadster is not on that list.

I’m not sure if this is an option for CAN? I’m also not sure if it’s even an option for US since it was produced and sold in US 2008-2011?
The show thing is very short term, and has to leave thr country after a short time. The competiton clause is a problem due to it actually being sold in Canada, similar to what you mentioned.
US has 25 year rule, Canadian equivalent is 15 year rule. Thats why GTR’s could come in here as soon as they hit that mark. No rules apply after 15 years of age, steering wheel can be on wrong side, no modifications required. Typically only cars people care about are imported this way, JDM and things we cannot normally have, definetly a small market. So I shouldn’t complain, but not being able to import as a paperweight and wait to drive it should be an exemption, as there is no harm in doing that.

If I have to keep it in europe for the 4 years I could. I am a bit concerned about the need to have it plugged in, and keeping it close to a service center for whatever maintenance is required for that time period.
If you get the car to 80% SoC (standard charge) and pull the HV Disconnect, the battery should be ok just sitting there. Disable the APS and pull the 12v battery fuse (for 2.x cars). I think that's the recommended way to "put the car up on blocks" for an extended period of unattended storage. Might be less risky than trusting it to a potentially flaky wall outlet.

Reactions: OakvilleMYP
Put it in a museum exhibit. I'm just thinking out aloud. There is the plug and drive discovery center. Oshawa has an automotive museum, Canada science and tech museum. Loan it for a year to each for a display, that may cut through a lot of red tape, or it may add more