Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto Auto Body Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, Unfortunately I have to use a body shop for my new S75D. I have gotten quotes from the two Tesla Authorized shops in Toronto. The pricing is about the same so I am wondering if anyone has had experience with either Leons Auto Body or Excellence Auto. Trying to decide which one to go with.

Thanks!

Hi All, Unfortunately I have to use a body shop for my new S75D. I have gotten quotes from the two Tesla Authorized shops in Toronto. The pricing is about the same so I am wondering if anyone has had experience with either Leons Auto Body or Excellence Auto. Trying to decide which one to go with.

Thanks!
I’ve had great experience with Excellence. They are also our main sponsor at www.ontario.teslaownersclub.ca
Leon’s was just recently verified by Tesla so not sure about them.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I've had great exp with Excellence 2, not sure about Leon's. BTW, Tesla should open up there authorization to all the bodyshops/garages. Right now, Tesla service center charges a hefty rate which makes it a very expensive car to repair, contrary to what I thought about an EV which should have lower repair/maintenance cost

Just got into a fender bender this weekend after owning the model 3 for only 3 months... does anyone have any new experience between Leons auto and Excellence Auto? Still debating between the two. Leon is closer to home and does have great reviews on google but Excellence does seem to be the preferred choice on this forum

Last edited:
Just got into a fender bender this weekend after owning the model 3 for only 3 months... does anyone have any new experience between Leons auto and Excellence Auto? Still debating between the two. Leon is closer to home and does have great reviews on google but Excellence does seem to be the preferred choice on this forum

I had a great experience with Excellence on Midwest in Sept. Rear bumper repair and repaint. First class operation. Great customer service.

Got my TM3 delivered with a small scratch on the front bumper. Took it to Leons for repair as per DA recommendation (covered by Tesla). Although they took a bit longer than I would have liked (5 business days + weekend) to repair a small scratch, the results were great. They repainted the whole bumper, job was perfect, plus they cleaned and waxed the rest of the car. They also had a lot of other Tesla cars in the shop and seem to know what they are doing. I would recommend Leons based on my experience.

I had my Model 3 repaired at Excellence in December. A construction warning sign blew over in front of me on the 407 in early December which damaged the bumper cover, left front fender, drivers headlight and one of the sonar modules in the bumper, all of which had to be replaced.

The service at Excellence was first class, their work is excellent and they complete the work ahead of schedule. I obtained quotes from both Leon's and Excellence and decided to go with Excellence because they were convenient to my office and their quote was a few hundred less. Price really wasn't a deciding factor as the damage was paid for by the 407.

Reactions: 03DSG
I've used Excellence twice for some major repair work, as I was hit twice by other cars in the past few years. My husband takes the Porsche to 427, which is much closer to us, and they also do a great job. Good to know they are also Tesla authorized.

Now that Leon's has been working on Tesla's for a longer period of time, are there any more reviews? I had thought I'd go there, but looking at this forum, it looks like Excellence certainly has a larger number of strong referrals. It's a bit farther from my house, but not a huge difference.

Has anyone had body work done on a pearl white car and if so, how was the paint match? My old Lexus was pearl white and I had some body work done on the rear driver side quarter panel and the paint match as awful. Can anyone speak on this because I recently did something stupid with my car and might want to fix it.