TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Toronto Auto Show

Discussion in 'News' started by mnx, Feb 16, 2010.

1. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

#1 mnx, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    I went to the Toronto Auto Show yesterday and was seriously regretting it until I saw a 2010 Tesla Roadster Sport in very orange. Sure enough Tesla had a small booth there. If you live in the GTA it's worth checking out. (especially if you've never seen a roadster in person before)

I also found out that you don't need a ride in a Tesla to get the "EV grin". It's such a beautiful car i couldn't stop smiling. I got to meet Hans who is the manager of the store opening in Toronto in a few months along with Jason (i forget his last name) who works for Tesla in california. The Tesla booth was getting a ton of attention, which hopefully will translate into sales down the road.

Here's a few pics of the car (amongst my other auto show pics).
    Toronto Auto Show 2010 - a set on Flickr

- matt

2. mt2

mt2 Member

Either that was a misstatement or you are like me - painfully wanting something I can't justify getting.

3. ChargeIt!

ChargeIt! Member

Yeah, I think that's what mnx is trying to say ( a period would've helped, too ).

4. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

LOL there was supposed to be an "until" in the middle of that sentence... going to fix it now.

I'd love to get a roadster but i can't justify it... But with regards to what I said, I was regretting it because when I got there, none of the cars I really wanted to see were there... Firstly I saw Toyota (no FT-86 concept), then Lexus (no LF-A) then Nissan (the only GT-R they had was a rally car from targa newfoundland which was behind ropes)... At least Audi had an r8 there that you could climb into... The auto show was also very busy as it was holiday on monday making it difficult to get near the nice cars.

- matt