Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto, ON - Model 3 Smashed Windshield + Dents to the Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reposted from here after someone suggested posting to the Canada forums: Toronto, ON - Model 3 Smashed Windshield + Dents to the Frunk
WINDSHIELD - 3.jpg
Came out to a street in the Liberty Village neighbourhood of Toronto and found my car like this, note: I didn't have a chance to charge the car fully so Sentry was toggled off given the cold weather but I parked my car on the street many times and have never had an issue and didn't expect one on Christmas; lesson learned.

Anywho there is some damage to the windshield and the frunk, going to go through my insurance because the damage is pretty bad but wondering if anyone has had similar experiences to share with me?

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus
I'm no forensic guy, but if I were a guessing man, I'd say that the windshield was hit with a 2x4 or something similar, possibly metal given the frunk damage too. Have you looked around to see if anyone has doorbell cams? What street was this on? It looks like the Stockyards.

This is TERRIBLE. Some real haters out there. As a note, and not to say I told you so, but I always leave my sentry on even if there is vampire battery suck out of this. So sorry for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vawlkus
I'm no forensic guy, but if I were a guessing man, I'd say that the windshield was hit with a 2x4 or something similar, possibly metal given the frunk damage too. Have you looked around to see if anyone has doorbell cams? What street was this on? It looks like the Stockyards.

This is TERRIBLE. Some real haters out there. As a note, and not to say I told you so, but I always leave my sentry on even if there is vampire battery suck out of this. So sorry for you.
Its East Liberty Street in Liberty Village - we tried to look through the security cam with the guard at the building near by but it was way too dark to see when the damage occurred and the window of time is like 20 hours so we didn't get too far. I doubt the police will be of much help so I need to go through insurance to get it resolved.

Unfortunately i think the drain would've shut off sentry before the incident anyways. I'll keep it on anyways next time