Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto Order/Delivery Nightmare!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

I'm sure there are tons of issues or stories out there regarding the delivery of the MY's. Please tell me if I am simply blowing things out proportions or if this is truly how Tesla runs their shop?

I'm from the GTA in Toronto. Thought I would give my first Tesla order a try. I'm buying cash, so no issues or delays with financing or anything. I booked a test drive for a MY in the vaughn area, decided I liked the car, and a sales rep found me a "demo" MY which was located in Montreal. It currently had 2300km on it. I put the deposit down on a Sunday, and was told it would be ready for the following Monday. (just over a week away). During the week I get the "confirm your pickup" text. I book it for Monday evening and watch the clock go by. During the week I ask to ensure Monday is still a go, and realize now I'm not getting an responses. I finally get a hold of the sales guy, and tells me not yet, the car is still in Montreal but now there is 2700km+ on the car.....So I was not impressed with that. He tells me don't worry it will be here on the weekend either way, I'll keep you posted on the weekend. I say great. Weekend comes, not a single word from him. Monday comes around, he tells me he cannot connect the car, its in transit now. But it "could" be in a holding lot in Toronto from the weekend. Maybe they delivered it Sunday but the dealership was closed. I can hear the violins already.

Tuesday approaches, he tells me he still doesn't have any update. I take it upon myself to call the pickup dealership myself, within 2 mins they can tell me the car is definitely still in Montreal, so I ask how many KM now, they tell me 2800+ KM now. But reassured they will see whats going on. I'm 14 days into "I'll get you updates" excuses.

Now my dilemma is, do I just pull out of the order, because either A) sales dude couldn't sell a free car, or Tesla is really this bad. Or do I not let a bunch on incompetent people ruin my Tesla experience. Because the BMW X5 M is looking kinda nice right about now.

Wow what an experience so far and this is without the car you want or waited for. If you wanted the BMW you would have gotten one, I think you want the Tesla MY, so you gotta wait for it. Not sure Why your not buying new? The latest ones have yellow turning signals and better fit and finish, at least thats what everyone is saying. GL

Thanks. And you are right. I do want the car. The reason we went with the demo at the time, 2300km and they gave pretty decent savings for it. Now i'm contemplating scrapping it, by the time this even gets here it might be 3000km. But besides the $$ and KM. Its been a terrible experience from the beginning, I'm simply quite shocked.

Was the SA from the Vaughan location, and is that where delivery is supposed to occur?
Vaughan has just opened for sales and deliveries. You might want to call Lawrence or Oakville and see if they can help you.
Or better still, as others have said, go for a new one.

Was the SA from the Vaughan location, and is that where delivery is supposed to occur?
Vaughan has just opened for sales and deliveries. You might want to call Lawrence or Oakville and see if they can help you.
Or better still, as others have said, go for a new one.
No he was from the Toronto office, Bloor street. He's an absolute disaster to work with. I very wish I went new, and with a new sales advisor. Now they are 12 weeks away from order.

That's unfortunate - it's been non-stop full throttle for Tesla in Canada when the first Model 3 mass deliveries started at the International Centre 2 years ago. You'll see a lot of customer service symptoms whose severity span across the entire spectrum of awful to amazing.

Not an excuse really but they find themselves stuck between giving customers their due attention and pushing their own mental limits. Throw in a few bad apples and it could be a recipe for just an appalling experience like yours.

I gave up hoping for timely updates from them since the mass delivery 3's (mine was one of them) when I ordered the Y. Literally heard nothing until the evening before delivery but fortunately they were completely ready once I arrived. But I can understand how crazy that could make a first timer to the brand.

I'd echo the others - order one online. You'll (hopefully) get a better build and the ability to inspect the car thoroughly before accepting it, while making them fix any serious flaws.

Tough to comment on the BMW X5 M - perf-wise the performance Y is comparable but less cargo space. I will say safety has been the biggest feature for us, where Tesla is arguably top of the food-chain, but not having to visit a gas station ever again is a great feeling, made greater in the winter.

But I can understand how crazy that could make a first timer to the brand.
Yep exactly that. But doubt this would've changed the constant lies...Remember the car was inventoried..I was told it will here on the weekend. I received the text to schedule my pickup date. Pickup date came around, no phone call. I called, i was told the car is probably in a yard somewhere, should be ready soon....I received text #2 to pickup the car....Pickup date was approaching, no follow ups, so I called pickup location directly...They said nope, car is still in Montreal, and still being driven....This the day before my scheduled pickup.

No previous experience can justify this....Poor service, from a horrible, and shouldn't even be a TESLA Sales rep. Be aware of the Lawrence location.

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-16_14-36-31.png
    upload_2020-9-16_14-36-31.png
    470.5 KB · Views: 86