Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Toronto] Payment Method Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guy,

1. I am from Toronto, Canada. I got my invite for model 3 last night and I did the registration.
Now that I am waiting for them to make my car, I still need a way to pay for my car.

Say I have 60k sitting in my bank right now, should I pay with "Cash" or "Finance through my own bank"?
I have saved up for 3 years just for this and I am quite confuse on how give Tesla my money, in the easiest way.

2. Also about the Insurance, how do I actually get my proof of insurance of the Tesla?
Do Tesla and my Insurance agent talk and get it done?

Thank you for any help you guys can give.

After you configure, there is a page where you send a pic of your license, and insurance card and fill out registration info.
I paid using my checking account rout number and account number. They don’t open up that portal till your about to take ownership. Make sure to download Tesla app, they link car on delivery.

Hi guy,

1. I am from Toronto, Canada. I got my invite for model 3 last night and I did the registration.
Now that I am waiting for them to make my car, I still need a way to pay for my car.

Say I have 60k sitting in my bank right now, should I pay with "Cash" or "Finance through my own bank"?
I have saved up for 3 years just for this and I am quite confuse on how give Tesla my money, in the easiest way.

2. Also about the Insurance, how do I actually get my proof of insurance of the Tesla?

You don't have to pay anything other than the order deposit at this point. The final payment will be arranged prior to you taking delivery. You can pick the cash option under payment if you are planning to pay cash and they'll provide you with the instructions when the time comes.

As for the insurance portion, just upload your current insurance information.

Hi guy,

I am from Toronto too. I called my insurance company "TD Meloche Monnex" today, they said we don't have Model 3 in our system we only of Model S and X.
Do we have to change our insurance company? I am with them for about 10 years for my BMW 328i and I am paying $76/month very good price , I don't want to change my insurance company.
How come Tesla 3 is no in the list of insurance company yet?

I am from Toronto too. I called my insurance company "TD Meloche Monnex" today, they said we don't have Model 3 in our system we only of Model S and X.
Do we have to change our insurance company? I am with them for about 10 years for my BMW 328i and I am paying $76/month very good price , I don't want to change my insurance company.
How come Tesla 3 is no in the list of insurance company yet?

They can issue coverage under a Model S 75D and use your Model 3 VIN until they get the Model 3 in their system. i'm surprised they didn't tell you that. Many of us here are using TDMM and have coverage using that method.

I got the same story from TDMM first, but then after giving them my VIN, they said that they were able to get the Model 3 on the insurance, and not an S75D. My insurance for just says Tesla 3 (not Model 3). Who knows what's actually happening, it took about 3 tries before TDMM was successful.