Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto Pearson Parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've also done another hardware revision for the charge port, I believe V2 was released earlier this year (Jan/Feb?), a mobile service tech came last week to fix a couple things and he replaced my charge port with a new V3 part. Apparently the locking slot is much wider than the one in V2 which helps lock the J1772 in place. I believe the motor is also more powerful and will still unlock in ice. So I'm not sure if that'll still be the case with anyone with the new part installed.

They also replaced the two little plastic cylinders that go around the two metal prongs for power in the charge port, apparently there was a design change for that as well, since the plastic cylinders would snap out if the charging cable tugged on it during disconnection.
Hmm, interesting. Was this a special visit just for this or was it part of some other work? Wondering if the rollout of this is something I should just wait for, or contact my SC?

It was a mobile service appointment booked for fixing the plastic trim piece coming off in my trunk, AC odour, and screen doing phantom touches. He told me he was going to replace a few parts as well at no cost, and showed me the actual parts he was going to install. I'll try to see if I can get a picture of the new charging pin.

There see attached pic.

Attachments

• CDD602D6-FC28-4076-B8F7-3CEAB516685C.jpeg
    CDD602D6-FC28-4076-B8F7-3CEAB516685C.jpeg
    708.1 KB · Views: 72
Hmm, interesting. Was this a special visit just for this or was it part of some other work? Wondering if the rollout of this is something I should just wait for, or contact my SC?
If you call and say that the wand is getting stuck in winter, they will come and change it. That is what happened to me last winter.
in any case, if you have an appointment with a mobile tech, he will offer to change it.