Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto resident looking for a used Tesla Model S85 or P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the market for a 2012 or 2013 Model S, either a regular 85 or a P85. I would prefer white or silver but will consider all colours. I understand that Tesla is offering a fairly low trade-in $ and I am willing to pay more than what they value them at. Please contact me by phone, text or email if you have one to sell. I'm ready to buy anytime.

I have a TESLA Model S P85 for sale, it has 22500km on the clock. it's black on black. Fully loaded, premium lighting, full leather, pain armor,/// 21 inch rims, roof and more BRAND new main battery. no accident. if you want more information, call me 403-827-8875
private sale, no GST.. no lien. non smoker
20140818_132907_resized_3.jpg

85K.. take it or leave it price!

private sale, no GST

Maybe no GST but in both Ontario and BC (and probably all other Provinces except tax-free Alberta) we pay the equivalent 5% of the GST -- it's just added to the PST to increase the PST by 5% -- on used cars even from private vendors:

Ontario:
Note: If you are buying a vehicle from a licensed motor vehicle dealer, you must pay the Harmonized Sales Tax to the dealer. If you are buying a vehicle privately, you are required to pay 13% Retail Sales Tax. Please refer to the Ministry of Revenue’s web site athttp://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/tax/rst/ for further information.

BC:
If you buy a used car in British Columbia, expect to pay between 12 and 15 percent in sales tax, depending on the car's value and where you purchase it.
If you buy the car from a dealer, federal goods and services tax, GST, is charged at a rate of 5 percent.
Provincial sales tax, PST, is also charged at a rate of 7 percent for vehicles less than $55,000. PST increases by 1 percent for each additional $1,000, up to a maximum of 10 percent for vehicles above $57,000.
GST does not apply to used vehicles sold privately, but a 12-percent PST is charged on those.

Yes, more coming, but I doubt very much there will be a "glut" of them...I guess you should keep an eye on the Tesla's Canadian sales figures to see how many are being ordered...although it will not tell you how many of the new sales are from those existing MS owners who are trading their current vehicles ...as well, Canadian Model S's can be exported to the U.S., so you will have some competition for the vehicles that become available...

Yes, I've seen them all over the past few weeks. There will be a lot more coming as current owners order their "D"'s. There will be a bit of a glut of them for a while making prices attractive!

You can avoid dual taxation by having Tesla do a convenience sale.

Ie. Seller trades in to Tesla at agree price, you buy from Tesla at agreed price.

This way the seller still gets the 13% tax benefit on trade in.

I see some sellers trying to get Tesla trade in price + $20k but suspect they will take a lot less as delivery date approaches

Mine is still available.. I am quite well priced, low KM 22,5km new main Battery , NOW a D! no accident, dent or anything.
it is fully equiped minus rear seats and heated rear seats. otherwise, it has it all.

Fog lights, tech package, lighting package, sunroof. 21inch rims...

description below!!

Last edited: