Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto Service question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
I live in Scarberia, not too far from the Lawrence Service Centre. My car just started showing a message that the 12V battery needs to be replaced. I just went into the app to schedule service and it set up a mobile service at my house. Is this normal? Why at my house rather than at the service centre? Do I pay a surcharge for mobile service?

I live in Etobicoke and had my 5.25yr old 12v battery replaced earlier this month with mobile service. Also charge port light ring that was partly covered by extended "warranty". As my car is outdoors I asked for an am service time to decrease the chance of rain.

Your lucky to have mobile service - these are the most experienced techs and are hand picked for mobile work. I would hands down pick mobile over SC anyday.

you will receive their notice with parts info for your approval prior to the appt.

you can also use the message service in the appt section of the app to msg them

Reactions: Bitjockey
Mobile service has been great, replaced 2 door handles, 12v battery, and rear hatch mechanism. The hatch repair guy was overworked, pulled out the original parts, brought new parts, then reinstalled the old part by mistake. I noticed the date code on the new part and told him about it, but he insisted all was good. Follow up mobile service fixed it a few days later. These guys are great but Tesla works them hard.