Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto supercharger speeds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm there right now. Tried two stalls. My battery was at 230km range to start so not at all empty but I still feel like the speed is slow.

I got 230 km/hr at one stall then moved. Now I get 255.

Tesla does plug in cars that it services so maybe that explains it. But this feels way slower than when I first tested the SC at launch.

What at are you guys getting?

Please report SC function in kW, not km/hr or miles/hr. The kW reading is instantaneous but the km/hr report is the average for the session. You can either change your display settings to show kW rather than km/hr, or else just multiply V x A. Also was the paired stall in use for either stall you tried?

I was there a couple of weeks ago and my battery as about 50-60% SOC. I had my display in Energy rather that km and was only seeing 40-50 kW goins into the car. I was the only car on the "pair" at the time although there was one in thee car charging at the time. Also, I have an A-pack. I was expecting more but am unsure where the taper begins.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and my battery as about 50-60% SOC. I had my display in Energy rather that km and was only seeing 40-50 kW goins into the car. I was the only car on the "pair" at the time although there was one in thee car charging at the time. Also, I have an A-pack. I was expecting more but am unsure where the taper begins.

I have a "D" pack. Under normal circumstances, 50 kW would correspond to 70-75% SOC. 40kW would be the rate at 80-85% SOC. At 50% SOC, iirc, it should be more like 80-90kW.

Was it a cool day and your drive to the SpC short? That's a factor that could cause the car to limit charging power. Here's an example of 40kW at ~82% SOC.

SpC 82 SOC.jpg

Edit from the same session:

SOC% Kw
80 42
70 58
40 108

Last edited:
I pulled in the other day with ~40km rated range remaining. The car began charging at 110kW. By the time I walked to the Tim Horton's with 2 kids in tow and ordered lunch I had already added 150km of range. On another note, it kind of sucks walking that far with 2 toddlers to get something to eat...

I pulled in the other day with ~40km rated range remaining. The car began charging at 110kW. By the time I walked to the Tim Horton's with 2 kids in tow and ordered lunch I had already added 150km of range. On another note, it kind of sucks walking that far with 2 toddlers to get something to eat...

I got 116kW (600 km/h) with 66km of rated range in the battery on Oct 18. I've only supercharged twice and got similar rates, both times in Toronto, short charging sessions with an almost empty battery. I'm driving to Florida in February - I guess I'll really learn then how much of an effect the tapering has.

Especially beside a road that big and that busy.

It sounds to me like there is nothing wrong with the Superchargers there. 110kW beats a kick in the head.

If anyone wants to see a sample charging session, to get an idea of the taper rate, here's one I took in South Dakota:
On the road - victoriasports

Don't worry, after the first 40 seconds it goes into fast forward. The first 40 seconds shows the power ramp up.
5 minutes in: 8kWh added, charging at 111 kW
10 minutes in: 17 kWh, charging at 110 kW
15 minutes in: 25 kWh, charging at 93 kW
20 minutes in: 32 kWh, charging at 79 kW
etc.
(Watch the video for the exciting ... decrease in power.)