Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto to Killarney Provincial Park with model sr+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow what a coincidence... I was talking at home about doing the same route this afternoon... sorry nothing meaningful to add just the crazy coincidence lol... I was using A better route planner app (ABRP) to plan my route but I have a LR. It’s probably doable for you, you just have to charge in Sudbury.

Parry Sound Supercharger looks to be about 180km from a washroom building in Killarney Park (using Google maps) which has a standard wall outlet giving a rate of about 8km/h. This is from Plugshare where someone last Summer was able to plug the mobile charger in with a Model 3 on the parking lot side, while in 2017 a user suggested bringing a 50' extension cord for charging a Bolt because one outlet is on the parking lot side of the building while the other is on the laundry side of the building with about 30' to parking on that side. Check Plugshare photos for that description, but it looks as though you might just be able to make it round trip from Parry Sound to Killarney and back if there isn't power at those outlets and you get a full charge in Parry Sound (depending on how fast you're driving and how much extra weight you're carrying with gear of course). Might want to call the park first to see if you'll be able to get power at those outlets.

There are also two cabins in the campground with power, so you may be able to get a charge there or at the park office which might also have outlets if the washroom plugs are taken. Best to call to see if you'll be able to charge anywhere there.

Good Luck!

See info on the cabins here:

Welcome to Killarney Provincial Park

edit - there are also 2 Tesla destination chargers and a J1772 at Desmasdon's Boat Works about 44km North of Parry Sound which you could hit on the way back to Parry Sound from the Park if you're getting low. This shows up on Plugshare as well. It's the only Level 2 between the park and Parry Sound.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Just came back from a 1 night trip to sudbury, and killary provincial park with my SR+

Day1: Drove from Aurora with 90% juice to Parry Sound tesla super charger with 19% Juice left. This tesla location is a bit tricky to find as it is behind a gas station and in front a Parry Sound Inn. I used the INN washroom for free while waiting for charge. Then head straight to Sudbury. Took a city tour around Sudbury and tour around Science North area. Accidently found a j1772 charger that works in science north parking lot that is currently free. Stayed in holiday INN sudbury which is 10 min..away from sudbury supercharger in Walmart parking lot.

Day 2: left subury supercharger with 95% juice and drove to killary provincial park with 63% left . Hiked crack trailhead. Drove to Parry Sound supercharger with 15% juice left. Charged and drove straight home in aurora.

Overall not many ppl traveling. Auto pilot makes long drive relaxing and pleasant but range anxiety is real when juice is down 15%.

Attachments

• 20200606_182702.jpg
    20200606_182702.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
  • 20200605_192052.jpg
    20200605_192052.jpg
    843.8 KB · Views: 89
Just came back from a 1 night trip to sudbury, and killary provincial park with my SR+

Day1: Drove from Aurora with 90% juice to Parry Sound tesla super charger with 19% Juice left. This tesla location is a bit tricky to find as it is behind a gas station and in front a Parry Sound Inn. I used the INN washroom for free while waiting for charge. Then head straight to Sudbury. Took a city tour around Sudbury and tour around Science North area. Accidently found a j1772 charger that works in science north parking lot that is currently free. Stayed in holiday INN sudbury which is 10 min..away from sudbury supercharger in Walmart parking lot.

Day 2: left subury supercharger with 95% juice and drove to killary provincial park with 63% left . Hiked crack trailhead. Drove to Parry Sound supercharger with 15% juice left. Charged and drove straight home in aurora.

Overall not many ppl traveling. Auto pilot makes long drive relaxing and pleasant but range anxiety is real when juice is down 15%.
Ok maybe a little out of the forums intent but: how was Killarney park? Never been there and I was planning to go during summer for a road trip / hiking as well.

PS. Beautiful car. Wife is still somewhat sad we got the Red instead of the white. She loves the white.

Reactions: cdswm3
Ok maybe a little out of the forums intent but: how was Killarney park? Never been there and I was planning to go during summer for a road trip / hiking as well.

lots of hiking trails in Killarney park for all type of level
Best Trails near Killarney, Ontario Canada | AllTrails

I only did the most well known crack trails. Not kids or senior friendly because you have to climb over bunch of rocks to get to the top. But top view was worth a hike. I did not expect so many mosiqutos and flies and forgot to bring my insect repellent. I would probably go again during the fall time and rent a cottage to stay for a whole weekend instead 1 night.

@coolmanfever Beautiful car! Sick looking wheels!

What do you have attached to the right side mirror? Is that a small convex mirror? Its interesting that we would want to attach something like that to our highly technologically capable cars with 8 cameras (and 12 ultrasonic sensors). :)

lots of hiking trails in Killarney park for all type of level
Best Trails near Killarney, Ontario Canada | AllTrails

I only did the most well known crack trails. Not kids or senior friendly because you have to climb over bunch of rocks to get to the top. But top view was worth a hike. I did not expect so many mosiqutos and flies and forgot to bring my insect repellent. I would probably go again during the fall time and rent a cottage to stay for a whole weekend instead 1 night.

Which trail specifically did you hike where the view at the top was great?

Did you try getting to the Silver Peak in the park? It appears that you have to take a boat from Bell Lake to get to the trail.

Last edited:
yeah. I attached two small round convex mirror. I am too lazy to turn my head to check blind spot when changing lane so I rely on these mirrors. You are right about that the cameras are already there and are showing blind spot when we back up the car. I hope the next software update will allow us to activate the blind spot camera when turning signal is on.

I hiked the crack trail. It was a challenging trail. but worth the hike and view. Just don't bring little kids. Prepare for lots of black flies and mosquitoes if you go during the summer. I would wait until fall. I did not try venture out further to check out other trails because my battery was down around 25% when I was in the park and need to save some juice to drive back to Toronto :)

yeah. I attached two small round convex mirror. I am too lazy to turn my head to check blind spot when changing lane so I rely on these mirrors. You are right about that the cameras are already there and are showing blind spot when we back up the car. I hope the next software update will allow us to activate the blind spot camera when turning signal is on.

I hiked the crack trail. It was a challenging trail. but worth the hike and view. Just don't bring little kids. Prepare for lots of black flies and mosquitoes if you go during the summer. I would wait until fall. I did not try venture out further to check out other trails because my battery was down around 25% when I was in the park and need to save some juice to drive back to Toronto :)
Doesn’t the 3 have the option to have the side repeaters up on the screen along with the rear view camera? I’m behind on software in my X, but that’s something I’m looking forward to.

Just came back from Sudbury/Killarney. Hiking the Crack trail to the top was definitely worth it!! It was a but tough but so worth it.

One issue that nobody talked about was the fact that about 10 km of the road (50 km on Highway 637 to the park) was not paved. It doesn't sound like a big deal, however, some moron going in the opposite direction and towing a boat was speeding like a maniac which was caused a ton of stones to fly and 3 of the stones hit my windshield. I got a massive star shaped crack right in my field of vision. Honestly if I had known about this 10 km stretch of unpaved road, I would not have risked going there.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Just came back from Sudbury/Killarney. Hiking the Crack trail to the top was definitely worth it!! It was a but tough but so worth it.

One issue that nobody talked about was the fact that about 10 km of the road (50 km on Highway 637 to the park) was not paved. It doesn't sound like a big deal, however, some moron going in the opposite direction and towing a boat was speeding like a maniac which was caused a ton of stones to fly and 3 of the stones hit my windshield. I got a massive star shaped crack right in my field of vision. Honestly if I had known about this 10 km stretch of unpaved road, I would not have risked going there.

Sry to hear that. I guess it was a bad luck. I did not see too many cars driving when I visit there. I did experienced the bumpy unpaved road and I actually enjoyed it. I was excited to test drive model3 in rally car condition :) But again..my model 3 already have many paint chips and I do not care that much now since I plan upgrading to cybertruck when it comes out :)