Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto to Providence

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to do a trip next week. Plenty of Superchargers along the way, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The only issue is charging at Providence, RI, Destination and/or supercharging are lacking there, we don't have access to regular electrical outlet :(. I read a story that they are opening up a Tesla Store back in July, 2019. Nothing there yet.

Did you look on Plugshare? There seems to be at least a couple of dozen L2/3 spots in the city, but many are non-Tesla car dealers. You might be best to make good use of the last SC, likely Worcester, before you get to Providence.

Going to do a trip next week. Plenty of Superchargers along the way, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The only issue is charging at Providence, RI, Destination and/or supercharging are lacking there, we don't have access to regular electrical outlet :(. I read a story that they are opening up a Tesla Store back in July, 2019. Nothing there yet.

There are superchargers outside of Providence, although not super close. One to the south in East Greenwich and one to the north in Mansfield MA. There are some options on plug share downtown. Maybe leave your car charging overnight and uber to you destination?

Like to share the driving experience in this trip.

Overall, it is just GREAT with Tesla. A better Route Planner and Tesla indicate that I only need to charge two times, it actually takes 4 to 5 charges because I don't want to risk it (20% to 25% left), the weather is kind of cold, 8 to 10 degree in the morning. To be honest, I need to go to restroom and/or get something to eat every two to three hours, so no big deal. There are so many SC along the way, I never feel range anxiety. In Utica, one of the chargers is bad, and then the other one works half way, saying cannot charged, contact Service. I had that happen to me before, so I know it's not the car's problem, it is more like the charger's problem. No big deal, drive to next SC.

Brought a Tesla flat tire kit, and bring it with me just in case. Good thing I did, M3 complains about low tire pressure while I am in Providence couple of days later, parked and put the pump on, it only takes couple of minutes to bring it back up to 45 from 40. So I bring it down to 42. I think there may be a small leak somewhere in the tire. It turns out a good kit to have.

A 11 hour drive in Tesla is so easy with Auto Pilot and Spotify. Supercharging is quick, good scenery drive. I think it will be a lot quicker in the summer. Flying will cost over $1K and saves may be 4 hours. I can bring back so many things without worry about fitting it inside a checked luggage.

No SC in Providence, but the SC in other area is only 20 minutes away and pretty busy. It will only get better. lol