Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torque Steer in the Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else noticing strong torque steer in the Model Y? I’ve driven two sales demo units (prior to buying), both performance versions (one a stealth model), and now my newly purchased performance Model Y. All three of them show strong torque steer on hard launch (pulls to the right). My non-performance LR Model 3 never had zero torque steer.

No issue here either. Do note that the rubber on the Performance model is very soft. Soft high-performance tires like to follow the road. If the road you're testing on is sloped slightly to the gutter, as most roads are, then it will naturally pull a bit to the right.

Try again on a truly flat surface. If still present, as noted above, try an alignment.

Thanks all!

As I reflect on the 4 Model Y’s I’ve driven now, all have had this issue, all on different roads, all were Performance Models. The fact that, so far, no one else is detecting this, makes me wonder if I’m loosing my marbles. Yet I know what a stable/rock solid launch should feel like, at least from a non-performance LR AWD Model 3 viewpoint, or my early RWD Model S.

I have a service appointment coming up, I may ask them to look into the wheel alignment, and see if they notice it too.

Okay, after more testing on different roads, I think I can say I *don't* have torque steer. It might have been the previous roads, I'm not sure. That being said, the Model Y does tend to float a bit more on launch than the Model 3 does (which is very planted).
None-the-less... Still in love. :)

Reactions: frankvb