Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torquelift Central's "The LAW" No Drill License plate bracket install & review A+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Great product from Torklift Central! Even though Wisconsin Requires front plate, Ive never used it (I will need to find it as well....), but for cross country trips, this will come in handy!. Easy to install, and uninstall as desired, and works great + effective! Highly recommended!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this solution, though I would try to put the plate on bracket B, then attach to bracket A, and attach the whole thing to the grille. Only because I believe in doing things backwards, why else?

But even though "It's the Law" in CA, I don't plan to put on my front plate. If I get ticketed, it's a fix it, and since the "law" only says the plate must be "affixed", it does not say bolted. I use heavy duty velcro spots which stick to the bumper. And then, I remove the plate after the officer inspects it, and go on my way. I may wait until the officer leaves the scene.

In my state, ten percent of all cars do not affix the front license to the car, so if I get stopped, I ask why the officer is not pulling over all these other offenders and ticketing them while he's at it. I know, that doesn't get me anywhere, but it's the mental scenario. In CA, and perhaps in other states, old radar and lidar technology needed a nice flat reflective surface to get a speed reading, so it's the law. Since newer technology seems to be able to read my speed without a plate, it might be an outdated law. And, as we know, there are several outdated, unenforced laws on most states' books.

Just checking now, for entertainment, I find that in CA, any car without a driver cannot go over sixty miles per hour. Well, there goes Google's dreams. Crazy Laws

Great product from Torquelift Central! Even though Wisconsin Requires front plate, Ive never used it (I will need to find it as well....), but for cross country trips, this will come in handy!. Easy to install, and uninstall as desired, and works great + effective! Highly recommended!

Well, outside your home state, nobody cares about the front plate. (If you come to Texas, you absolutely won't get a front plate ticket, regardless of your home state's statutes.) I don't think there's a scenario in any state where you could be cited for not having a front plate in a state other than that where the plates were issued.

Last edited by a moderator: