Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Torture. Loaner P90D with ludicrous+....but nerfed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They had to keep my car longer than expected to fix the condenser fan- over the weekend. They were nice enough to offer me a beautiful red MS with all the bells and whistles....only it's permanently in CHILL mode. Sounds like that's what they do to all the inventory vehicles now. I guess having an in-house insurance company didn't help with the liability. Very much a shame as I've always wanted to see what a vehicle this quick felt like. Torture.

They had to keep my car longer than expected to fix the condenser fan- over the weekend. They were nice enough to offer me a beautiful red MS with all the bells and whistles....only it's permanently in CHILL mode. Sounds like that's what they do to all the inventory vehicles now. I guess having an in-house insurance company didn't help with the liability. Very much a shame as I've always wanted to see what a vehicle this quick felt like. Torture.
I have the opposite, loaner a nice Blue P90D MX, but the chill reminds me it's not my car.
Go to a sales center and test drive, but those might be chilled also.

All service loaners will be locked in chill mode. Just enter the 4-digit code to unlock it....... ;)

My loaner was chilled too... big bummer. Seems like possible loss of upsale if someone loves the S acceleration while out on loaner. Tried to guess the code with no luck. Completely misses the point of Elon tweeting all loners would be top of the line in the past... that has clearly changed. All loaners I have had have been 2014 models.

Reactions: d0nkn0tts
Probably a good thing that Tesla locks their loaner cars in "chill" mode. I suspect 95% of the people that borrow one don't know how to drive a fast/hyper car and ludicrous could get you into a lot of wrecks if you don't have experience with how quickly these cars can get in trouble.

I've driven "fast" (<600HP) cars and motorcycles for over 30yrs. I did get a chance to try Ludicrous mode in a MS during a test drive and can admit it scared the carp out of me. Quite quickly it required more input than my brain could process on the street.

Probably a good thing that Tesla locks their loaner cars in "chill" mode. I suspect 95% of the people that borrow one don't know how to drive a fast/hyper car and ludicrous could get you into a lot of wrecks if you don't have experience with how quickly these cars can get in trouble.

I've driven "fast" (<600HP) cars and motorcycles for over 30yrs. I did get a chance to try Ludicrous mode in a MS during a test drive and can admit it scared the carp out of me. Quite quickly it required more input than my brain could process on the street.

So you're suggesting that there's a difference in being able to 'drive a car' and hopping in one and mashing the accelerator?

Great to hear from a cycle experienced person, that Ludicrous in a Tesla is kind of awesome. Booya