Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Total B.S.!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suggest you contact Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association about this. They have a really good relationship with them and have helped with recommendations that are being implemented. Perhaps there's more to the story & reasons behind this and hopefully you can get the scoop. Likely lower level 2 is for destination charging and their focus on enabling inter-urban travel is DCFC instead.
Thx Paul. Sent my questions via their web page.

I am guessing "Eric" was test driving a Volt in the middle of a Canadian winter. Getting only 25 miles on a gen 1 battery was pretty rare in my experience.

I also love the "road trip calculation" that forgets entirely that you just gas up a Volt on a road trip - no one charges theirs during a trip (except overnight at a hotel). That is the whole point of it vs a BEV. :rolleyes:

I drove Chevy Volt (Gen 1) before switching to Teslas.

It had EPA electric range of 38 miles back then.

My highest electric range was 56 miles on a good day. On average, I got on average 42~45 mile range by normal driving.

To get about 25 miles consectively, you have to drive like 85mph on the highway or drive uphill only or in supercold winter.

My father-in-law sent me this email. I don't even know where to begin. Seems like it was created by some big oil company!
I hope that you convinced your father-in-law that the contents of that email were nonsense, and that he did not forward it on to any of his friends.

Likely that in some way shape or form the Koch Brothers were behind it...

Reactions: dhrivnak
I drove Chevy Volt (Gen 1) before switching to Teslas.

It had EPA electric range of 38 miles back then.

My highest electric range was 56 miles on a good day. On average, I got on average 42~45 mile range by normal driving.

To get about 25 miles consectively, you have to drive like 85mph on the highway or drive uphill only or in supercold winter.

I don't think we've ever managed to go as low as 25 miles AER in our 2013. I think 27 is the worst we've managed. Cold winter leads to 27-29. ERDTT makes it difficult to get a really low number.