Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the event of a power failure the system disconnects from the grid for the reasons that you stated. Not sure what the situation was years ago; but you can definitely do it now. We ran a test in mild weather last year where we disconnected from the grid and the house ran solely from the solar system and 24kw battery backups for circa 4 days before we lost power.

I love your setup! Are you using 2-volt batteries wired in series? How many amp-hours per battery? do you have a 48-volt system?

I read this article which contained : "Mr Brumby hailed the previous $50 rebate as the motivation behind thousands of hybrids being registered in Victoria." Seriously? Would anyone in their right mind say that $50 would alter your approach to personal transport. Even the most basic of propaganda should at least make a modicum of sense.

Ive asked this question before but its probably more appropriate in this thread.
What if anything have we discovered about insurance gap? As a result of a very near miss recently Ive been back to clarify the term new for old with AAMI on the first 2 years of my policy. When we got right down to the fine print it turns our its new for old up to but NOT past $150K.
Direct replacement price for my car at the current price/exchange rate is $206500 so I am searching for Insurance that is truly New for Old. Happy to pay the increased premium given the value of whats being covered. I would assume that everyone with super cars al la $150K plus must face this same problem.? I am asking myself whether or not I have missed something obvious?( Apart from Insurance companies being a little less than helpful)

Ive asked this question before but its probably more appropriate in this thread.
What if anything have we discovered about insurance gap? As a result of a very near miss recently Ive been back to clarify the term new for old with AAMI on the first 2 years of my policy. When we got right down to the fine print it turns our its new for old up to but NOT past $150K.
Direct replacement price for my car at the current price/exchange rate is $206500 so I am searching for Insurance that is truly New for Old. Happy to pay the increased premium given the value of whats being covered. I would assume that everyone with super cars al la $150K plus must face this same problem.? I am asking myself whether or not I have missed something obvious?( Apart from Insurance companies being a little less than helpful)

We've been getting Insurance quotes prior to arrival of MS and only found 3 companies who would provide full cover for our $174k purchase;
RACV @ $2470 and Insurance House (our broker using CGU) @ $2404, and GIO at $4,073.00pa.
The CGU quote includes:
* Protection of your Rating One
* Choice of repairer
* Brand new car of similar make and model if your car is a write off in the first 3 years and has travelled less than 70,000 km.
* Lifetime guarantee of repairs
* One Windscreen/Glass claim per year with no excess applicable
* Agreed value of $174,000

We're thinking of going with the CGU policy, and have till late June to decide.